Thread: Which parts to buy...help please.

Which parts to buy...help please.

Hi, a few days ago I made my arsenal complete: 3 AK's, 2 870's, 2 Colt 1911's, 2 Glocks (17 and 19), and 2 new no-lock J-Frames.

I have 12 AK mags with 2 extra springs, 4 1911 mags, and 2 mags each for my Glocks.

My focus now is on buying ammo and parts.

I don't have the means to shoot enough rounds through these guns to experiance normal parts failures. So, could you guys give me a hand figuring out which parts to buy in case of future failures?

If you have the time and are willing, please use this list to name parts i should buy:

AK: ...
    870: ...
    Glock: ...
    1911: ...

Thanks, and God be with us these next four years!

No idea what parts you should buy, but I will say that NO arsenal is EVER complete...Food for thought.

For the 1911 I'd pick up 3-4 sets of Wolf replacement springs. They make a pack that has the recoil spring, firing pin spring. I swap mine out every 2k rounds or so.

Can't advise you on the others . .I've never wore-out or broken anything on an 870.

870: Brownells spares kit.
    spare magazine tube spring

Glock: Spare recoil spring assy (or Wolfe if you're running an aftermarket guide rod).
    Extractor.
    Trigger return spring.

For 3 AKs I would say the weak link (if any) is the gas tube so try to get a spare. Also more mags never hurt.

FFMedic

The most likely parts to fail on autoloader are extractors and magazines. You should at least buy a few more pistol mags and maybe a spare Lone Wolf barrel or conversion barrel for your Glocks and 1911s.