Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More about Appleseed

Administrator   

More about Appleseed

Ammo isn't getting any cheaper. Learn to hit, not just make noise.
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

Can you imagine a 'one shot zero'?

Yea, as your hunting buddies are shooting up a box of ammo to try to get their rifles sighted in for the coming season, and you just shoot one shot and are zeroed

Yea, you will learn how to do that

How about being able to make responsible shots on a whitetail at 250-300 yards? Like to be able to have that tool in your hunting tool box? Appleseed can show you how.

How would you like to be competent at shooting your AR15, FAL, M1a, M1 Garand, etc. accurately out to 500 yards? Appleseed is one of the best places to do that.

Maybe meeting like minded folks in your area, that want to take positive steps in preserving and keeping this nation on the track that that Founders put us on? Appleseed will help with that too.

Like to get connected to groups and organizations in your state that can give you the tools to be a leader in the preservation of America, give you practical ways to do what you say needs to be done? Yep, Appleseed is a great way to do that too.

Kids under 21, current military (active, reserve, guard), women all shoot FREE......
    Saving the Nation, one Appleseed Shoot at a time. Ask me how you can help! http://www.appleseedinfo.org

Appleseed shoots are definitely worth the time and very reasonable expense.

I had a great time and am kicking myself for not getting out to another one this last year.

You WILL get your moneys worth and instruction regardless of the weather!

Day two of two straight days of rain west of Chicagoland '07
    NRA Life member- ISRA Member
    DON'T PANIC!

Where was this Appleseed shoot? The berms look familiar.

Appleseed visited Buffalo Range in Ottawa Illinois that year.

My range bag and rifle case still bear the water stains from that weekend
    NRA Life member- ISRA Member
    DON'T PANIC!

Is there going to be another shoot up there in 2009?
    Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars.

Also, anyone know when the 2009 schedule will be posted?
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    - C.S. Lewis

Mak, the tentative and ever-expanding 2009 schedule is up on the Appleseed forum:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4032.0

Thanks for posting this, there are a few upcoming dates in close to me --

Question: I have a 30-30 which may suffice, or should I use this as an excuse to pick up the .308 I've been looking at?

Thanks for posting this, there are a few upcoming dates in close to me --

Question: I have a 30-30 which may suffice, or should I use this as an excuse to pick up the .308 I've been looking at?

I just looked at the Appleseed site; they now recommend bringing a .22 and a few bricks of ammo -- make the very good point that you can save the cost of a Ruger 10/22 in centerfire ammo saved alone, and I bet that's on the assumption that you're shooting .223. .308 would be even more

So, depending on how much fuel for the LearJet's costing this month, you may or may not want to use that as a good excuse to move up in Caliber

timothy

Use the excuse. Take the .22 and the .308. "forget" .308 ammo at home.
    Could someone please explain to me what this space is for?

Closest one to me is Douglas WY
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

We highly recommend a .22 for Saturday, and most people shoot them both days. For those who are shooting well, if the range has facilities, full-distance with a centerfire is an option.

Typical round count up here in the northeast is 450-600 rounds in two days. That's cheap in a .22, and the cost of a plain-jane 10/22 in centerfire ammo.

It warms my heart to think of an Appleseed in Daleyland.
    The Antibubba

If you are a Jew who supports gun control, you've either forgotten the lessons of the Holocaust, or you never learned them in the first place.

Montana dates will be added soon.

22s, due to ammo costs rule. Here is a link http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/2...le-set-up.html

Also, check out this link http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread...ight=appleseed

If you are going to go, and you need to pay, why not pay THR and shoot for FREE?
    Saving the Nation, one Appleseed Shoot at a time. Ask me how you can help! http://www.appleseedinfo.org

As luck would have it, on January 11th, I will be arriving at DEN, about 6:30pm, going back out at about the same time on the 12th.

One of my goals is to meet with some fellow Appleseeders in an effort to share some information and to try to gather some more locations/dates for Appleseed in CO.

You are more than welcome to join us. Just send me a PM and I will get you the details when we hammer them out.

This would be an opportunity to speak with some clubs/ranges who may have questions about the program.

Hope to see you then,

BTW, Billings, MT later in the week, Lansing Michigan late in the month.

iron sights?

What ever you have.

Learning with Irons is like learning with a stick shift, easier to make the transition to optics. However, optics are fine.

http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/

My girlfriend and I are gonna try and make it out to one of these courses when yall are towards georgia.

I wish there was some shoots coming up near me earlier this year. I guess it is probably best since prone in the snow sucks but I can't wait to finally get to one.
    No Choice No Chance. Support Campus CCW.

I think people are entitled to beliefs that are not completely illogical. Want to believe the sky is plaid? Too bad, facts are against you. People don't get to believe in anything willy nilly and expect to be able to hide behind defenses of "it is my belief" or "it is my opinion." I don't have to agree with the logic and/or proof, but there has to be at least some of either.
    -MJRW

However, optics are fine.
    Especially a fine MOA red dot. Kinda cheating really.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) the free; and (2) food animals.

-Aristodemus

For "funfaler" or whoever can answer:
    If you are going to go, and you need to pay, why not pay THR and shoot for FREE?

Please tell me how! There is a shoot near Sacramento (hard to believe) on 17-18 Jan so I need to get on with it. Also, I have a great bolt action .22 with a scope. But only 2 5-round clips. Will I be completely left behind on rounds fired? Can I show late (1400L) on the first day? --Rocky

For Oleg Volk -- thanks for the link from your LJ! It made this forum really easy to find! --Rocky

welcome to THR Fred