Thread: Mexico Seizes Hundreds of Drug-Cartel Weapons in Record Raid

Mexico Seizes Hundreds of Drug-Cartel Weapons in Record Raid

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449045,00.html

From the small picture, I can see tons of SKSes, some AK variants, several Barretts, and what appears to be an SL8. What else can you see?

MEXICO CITY The Mexican army on Friday announced that it has made the largest seizure of drug-cartel weapons in Mexico's history.

The cache of 540 rifles, 165 grenades, 500,000 rounds of ammunition and 14 sticks of TNT were seized on Thursday at a house in the city of Reynosa, across the border from McAllen, Texas, Mexican Assistant Attorney General Marisela Morales said.

"The seizure ... is the largest in the history of Mexico involving organized crime," Morales told reporters at Defense Department headquarters, where the army displayed hundreds of rifles, pistols, and shotguns, and laid out rows of grenades and crates of ammunition.

Morales said the largest previous bust involved a cache of 280 weapons found in 1984.

The weapons in this latest seizure belonged to the Gulf drug cartel, an official said after Morales made her statement. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media.

Soldiers detected the cache when they chased suspects into the home after the men refused orders to stop, Morales said. Three suspects were detained.

It was unclear whether the raid was related to an FBI intelligence report obtained by a Texas newspaper in October that warned the Gulf cartel was stockpiling high-powered weapons in Reynosa to prepare for possible confrontations with U.S. law enforcement. Morales did not take questions from reporters.

The man who allegedly leads the cartel's hit squad in the area, Jaime Gonzalez Duran, was mentioned in the FBI report as having ordered dozens of hit men to the Reynosa area as part of those plans.

Gonzalez Duran was arrested in Reynosa on Friday.

At least the Mexican cops don't call them assault weapons.

C

Near the border of occupied Azlan and Mexico.
    Drug lord Patsy.
    This raid was a diversionary "gift" to the Mexican Feds.
    Our Government is corrupt from the top down to the lowly dogcatcher!!!

If it's time to bury 'em, it's time to use 'em!!

With the current sales increase in guns, my first thought was:

They send those up here and they'd fix the Mexican economy.

What do i see? Lots and lots of ammo, that i wish i had.

But, now, the antis are going to say that criminals DO use 50 cal "sniper" rifles, even though this was in Mexico.
    Could someone please explain to me what this space is for?

hmmm

That all looks a little to pristine

santa's workshop!!!
    Everybody spread love

Soldiers detected the cache when they chased suspects into the home after the men refused orders to stop, Morales said. Three suspects were detained.
    You know, if this is not a diversionary setup, I'd sure hate to be in those guy's shoes when they get released.
    Recent column by Walter Williams http://www.gmu.edu/departments/econo...economistloose

"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free."

"Don't confuse thoughtlessness with me simply not caring."

Lot's of .50 rifles there. If they are planning on going against the Boarder Patrol, they are big time out gunning our guys.
    Enfield shooter and accumulator
    Proud Father of a US Army Soldier

After mex.gov takes a 'percentage' of the cache, they will return them to their business partners. Great PR photo op but I aint buyin' it.

BTW: It must be legitimate because the "Extreme Shock" models are guarding it! sheesh
    Last edited by Rokyudai; November 9th, 2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: adding some more salt
    NRA Endowment Member

How many were returned to their original armories in the Army and police forces?
    Be cruel. Make someone think.

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Can't be, guns in the hands of private citizens are highly restricted in Mexico and regulated as to number of weapons and calibers allowed. We know how well gun control works so this must be a made up story.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING