Thread: Getting support by adding to our ranks

Getting support by adding to our ranks

Okay, yes, I know the 2nd Ammendment is not about hunting. However, the hunters are supporters of our cause. I'm a hunter, and that's how I got into shooting.

The Libs know this. Why do you think basic hunter's safety seminar is not in our schools anymore? They're doing us in by attrition, and we're letting them. We need that hunter's safety back in our schools. Get them interested in it, and we'll add to our ranks.

Need ideas and action plans on how to do this.

Since no one is biting, I'll kick this off. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. If you're not already active, get active and get to know the school board. Attend PTA meetings. Don't mention this agenda right off the bat, let them get to know you and speak intelligently on other subjects first.

2. Even if you don't have kids, you still pay school taxes. Therefore you have a right to be heard. Write to your local school boards.

3. If possible get on school boards. If we can get a couple avid hunters in there this is going to be easy.

Ultimately I think we need to inventory schools and pick specific ones that will be most receptive to getting these programs. Start with the backwoods schools--towns and villages with populations of a few hundred.

Once we have some schools that have succeeded with these programs, try to get this into all rural schools. Then we can move for schools in bigger towns and small cities--on the order of Altoona PA or Washington PA.

Important: We need to subtract from the lib's ranks by attrition, just as they've done to us. We'll need to keep this out of "class 1" cities, or we'll have a real fight on our hands. Right now, we don't want a fight. We need to do this as quietly as possible.

Again, these are just some of my thoughts. I need yours.

Who's in?

There are areas of the US where there are great numbers of hunters. Two high schools in my area have a local rivalry football game on Thursday night before the opener of squirrel season. They call it the Squirrel Bowl and they have it on Thursday night because they know that no one will be at school on Friday, they're all going to squirrel camp.

Rural schools are the places to start. I bet you've already got a lot of hunters in rural school districts.

u have got to be kidding..squirrel hunting season? U need help.

u have got to be kidding..squirrel hunting season? U need help.
    Don't knock 'em till you tasted them...

Anyway, here is one thing I did related to our RKBA today. I wrote a state house member in PA. He's a pro-2A and very pro-hunting member of our state government. Tell me what you think:

"Mr Sam Rohrer,

I'm writing because I noticed that Basic Hunter's Safety Education has fallen out of our schools. One of the pinnacles of the Basic Hunter's Safety Education class is firearm safety. I honestly believe there would be less gun accidents among minors, both hunting and around the home, if this class were once again to be offered to our children.

This may also have the added benefit of raising awareness of our priveledge to hunt in the great state that is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!

Thanks,"

Anyone else willing to help with this?