Thread: Nightline's video report on brisk gun sales...

Nightline's video report on brisk gun sales...

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6210955

Not exactly an even-handed report as it includes some loaded language and it ends with this quote by Martin Bashir:

"...for now the stockpiling of deadly weapons continues."

If this is a repeat...or already being discussed, please delete.

It didn't seem to be an unbiased "report". As you say, there were a lot of loaded phrases, all anti.

Can't post here what I yelled at the TV when I heard his closing remarks.

They must have changed the ending quote... when I watched it, it ended with something about the fear may or may not be "on target."

One line that bugged me was "The NRA is trying to scare gun owners..." Obama himself scares me without the NRA's help.

Jimmie,

Good catch! I just now re-watched the ending of the clip I posted. It cuts off before the studio went back to Bashir.

When I watched this on TV last night Bashir wrapped up in the studio with his snide comment.

I heard the deadly weapons comment as well. I also heard him say "For Now" as in Obama's gonna put an end to that.

I thought it was interesting that nobody they interview believed for a second that "The One" isn't gonna ban guns. I thought the comment by the gun dealer who said he had people that supported the obamination of desolation buying guns before "he bans them"
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

My take is that because of the election to the White House of a Chicago politician with a track record of supporting Daley's gun laws for now the stockpiling of guns and ammunition will continue.

When HCI started talking bans on ammo and guns in the 1980s, I started a policy of keeping at least a year supply of ammo in reserve for every caliber or gauge I own. With the democrats talking a revival of the AWB, what do they expect?
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

I was in Gander Mountain today and there was a guy who had just ordered his FOID and was looking at handguns. He was obviously new to firearms. I wonder what motivated him to go shopping....
    It's 2 AM....do you know where your rights are?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -- Douglas Adams

megaboraphobia n. The fear of large calibers