Thread: Selling other stuff at gun shows

Selling other stuff at gun shows

There's a big show up in Reno next month, and a lot of trading goes on inside. But I'm not looking for guns (though that has never stopped me from buying them ), but brass and components. I do have thousands of cleaned and sorted brass that I wouldn't mind trading off. I know all about "ammobrasstrader.com", but you have to hover over the site to get something that might be a tad unusual.

Will dealers buy/trade clean brass for other clean brass?
    The Antibubba

If you are a Jew who supports gun control, you've either forgotten the lessons of the Holocaust, or you never learned them in the first place.

I would think it would depend on the individual.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Well, yeah.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this, or if they're the ones who had the table at the show.

I guess another way to put this is, if I schlepped a rollerbag filled with deprimed, washed, shiny bags of once-fired brass, sorted by headstamp, if it would be unreasonable to think some or all of it might not go home with me?
    Last edited by Antibubba; November 9th, 2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Futile quest for the perfect way to ask this-
    The Antibubba

If you are a Jew who supports gun control, you've either forgotten the lessons of the Holocaust, or you never learned them in the first place.

You could walk around with a sign (literally) on your back advertising it and I bet you'd get a bite
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

North Central Montana, across the Wide Missouri
    I have had tables at small gun shows where I sold odds and ends of shooting related items I picked up in trades, rummage sales, or yard sales. I have bought and sold brass even if I was just browsing the tables. I very seldom go to a show looking for specific items. I walk thru and look at every thing. Take your brass and sell it to someone dealing in remanufactured ammo, or trade it.

I would think that some might trade with you, but you might be disappointed at the "exchange rate". As with guns, they will likely offer you about half of what they will put it up for sale for.

However, if you have something that they can sell quicky (45 acp, 223, 308) and are looking for something a bit more obscure, it could work to your advantage. If the seller has been lugging around this caliber that nodody is buying, and you want it, you may both go home happy.

I don't know if you have a viable local site, but I have sold some brass locally--this elminates the cost of shipping. CraigsList maybe?

I don't know if you have a viable local site, but I have sold some brass locally--this elminates the cost of shipping. CraigsList maybe?
    I won't use CrazedList for anything gun-related.
    The Antibubba

I won't use CrazedList for anything gun-related
    There's a story behind that. Let's hear it.

Can't speak for Reno, but here in Northern, OH many will do trades. Actually when your talking some of the less common stuff.
    The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!