Thread: Most popular ACOG sights?

Most popular ACOG sights?

I'm going to be selling ACOG sights on my online store. I've already added four models.

It takes a lot of time to research competitor prices so as to set mine, to clean up photos in Photoshop, write the text for pages and do everything else required. So I'd rather not spend time on models that aren't popular.

My distributor suggested I start out with the TA01 and TA31 series.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to models that they think are most popular?

I don't know about popularity, but I went with the TA31RCO-M4CP.

Are you an authorized Trijicon retailer? If so, can't you just use the text and photos from Tijicon's product literature / web site for your site?
    -Lee
    "In Jersey anything's legal, as long as you don't get caught."
    Traveling Wilburys, "Tweeter and the Monkey Man"

Thanks for the reply, S4Lee. I use a lot of the text from the Trijicon sight, but for better search engine results writing fresh text is best.

Also, the photos that Trijicon has are the same ones that everyone else uses. I take the photos, increase the size using Genuine Fractals, do a bit of sharpening, and do some adjustments to color or levels if necessary. Maybe it's the photographer in me, but I can't stand looking at a flat, fuzzy image.

Hmmm...sounds like you may also spend some time over at DPReview.com...
    -Lee
    "In Jersey anything's legal, as long as you don't get caught."
    Traveling Wilburys, "Tweeter and the Monkey Man"

S4Lee, when I had my own studio, I was still shooting film. After I gave up the studio, I started freelancing for other studios. I don't know anything about the cameras other than what I need to, nor do I want to. It's just a job.

I'm trying to gauge the demand for various items like ACOG sights in advance, rather than repeat my past mistakes of spending a lot of time on products that don't sell well. The Crimson Trace grips and Bushnell rangefinders sell really well. If there's demand for ACOG's, I can set my prices lower than just about anyone.

Why don't you ask Trijicon? I think they'll have some idea of what they sell most. Also, if you're violating Trijicon's MAP policy, you'll be hearing from them, or so that's what they've assured me.

The TA01, TA31F, and the TA31RCO-M150CP are all extremely popular, as well as their more useful variants. Might also want to throw in a TA55/TA55A as they're decently popular.
    "Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone." -Erwin Rommel
    Explanations exist: they have existed for all times, for there is always an easy solution to every problem neat, plausible and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Does anyone have any suggestions as to models that they think are most popular?
    The budget minded ones hahahaha!
    Liberals are generally good people, who fill the life raft with so many good intentions that it sinks...drowning all aboard.