Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama and his steadfast support of 2A

Obama and his steadfast support of 2A

Those of us paying attention (most of the people at THR, for example) knew this well in advance of the election.

Those who did not have only themselves to blame (if it matters to them at all.)

Yes, as Loosedhorse said.
    I wonder just how many sheeple had their head in the sand when they"punched their(& unfortunately my) ticket" on Tues?
    NRA Life Member

This underhanded attempt by Obama and Joyce to influence the Supreme Court--essentially attempting to "buy" an anti-gun interpretation of the Second amendment by manipulating legal scholarship--flies in the face of the revisionist history recently offered up by Annenberg's FactCheck.Org, which recently and dishonestly portrayed Obama's newly-minted individual rights interpretation as authentic. IT is also a tactic that Joyce continues in Obama's absence, as the list of university and "public heath" grants targeting firearms on the Foundation's own web site reveals.
    Lenin would be so proud!
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

Remember, he wants to get re-elected...

Remember, Obama wants a second term. The thing to do is make as much noise as possible to slow his progress, then vote him out in 4 years...

The frightening thing is that sales of his new book (of which he'd ALREADY made $4 MILLION in royalties this year) went through the roof on 5 Nov.

Seems like everyone who voted for him, NOW WANTS TO READ ABOUT HIM.

Pity those ^%@ing, #$^$#ing #@$^ing stupid &*#&ers didn't do so BEFORE they elected him.

I'm hoping a few of them are now (since I'm sure it takes them several days to read such deep, intellectual thought) turning pale and wondering what they did.
    http://SharpPointyThings.com
    http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com

FREEHOLD, Jan 04 from Baen Books
    THE WEAPON, Aug 05 from Baen Books
    CONFIRMED KILL, Sep 05 from HarperCollins
    BETTER TO BEG FORGIVENESS..., Winter 07 from Baen Books

~~~

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick.

They voted for him, now they are trying to find out who the heck they voted for....

Those of us paying attention (most of the people at THR, for example) knew this well in advance of the election.

Those who did not have only themselves to blame (if it matters to them at all.)
    I work in a local gun store and a customer a couple of days ago remarked that the people at his job are telling him that Obama wants to take away our guns. He said he did not know that!!!!!!!!!!!! I probably lost a customer but I asked him what sandpile he had his head stuck in for the last year.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government".....Thomas Jefferson

Please don't refer to your opponents as "sheeple." We were not all born with rifles in our arms and nursing on bullets.

When I first come to this site, curious about guns, had I learned that I was a "sheeple," I would have been repulsed and angered, and not stayed.

Ya know if Obama doesn't try to take our guns, it seems theres going to be alot of diapointed people on this board, saying "Damnit but I was sure!".
    I hope I dont have to look at some anti Obama thread everyday now for the next four year, cause if so this site might get real old, real quick.
    Funny how when we had a Republican Prez, all those other Amendments he held no respect for cause no concerns for almost anyone but, the minute Obama was elected the man hasn't even been sworn in yet, theres been a Obama's gonna take our gun thread at every gun board. Can you say jumping the gun?

Ok what is the ABSOLUTE Worse Case senario? He gets sworn in and that same hour signs a executive order now banning and making illegal all semi auto's, and pistols. Then your all right and he did **** us but can we at least wait till he sworn in, and just talk about prep for now, caching, maintence, building ammo supplies and spare part supplies.
    Enough speculation.

The only thing where doing is allowing manufactures to price gouge us, cause where all freaking out. I know because I bought $300 in ammo and the prices are killing me!
    Last edited by Henry Bowman; November 13th, 2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: language

Seenterman, I agree totally. That AK I've been eyeing has doubled itself out of my price range.

I kinda enjoyed the Obama-is-going-to-take-our-guns-away threads for awhile, now it's just freaking me out. I enjoyed it in the way a kid gets excited for his first hurricane or tornado, then after the fact he is scared out of his gord anytime he hears the word hurricane.

Maybe we should have an Obama sub-forum.
    "Today, my friends, we each have one day less, every one of us. And joy is the only thing that slows the clock." -John D McDonald via Travis McGee

what is the basis for an executive order? Why doesn't it happen more often?

Why didn't Clinton do it concerning guns in his 2nd term?
    Free the High Road

Please don't refer to your opponents as "sheeple."
    I hate that too. Really sets a more-humble-than-thou tone to every thread.
    i need a job. hire me.

Please don't refer to your opponents as "sheeple."
    Howabout "warm, cuddly, soft and completely-loveable sheeple"? Does that sound less repulsive?
    I'm lost, I'm angry and I'm armed.

Offending anybody here is something I HATE doing!,and hoped to never do..
    Sheep are the most defenseless-willing to tolerate-hope something will save us-as long as it's not "me"--- animal that I can think of.
    I say,to the best of my knowledge,what I believe to be true.
    NRA Life Member

Forget his idiot biography ... if you really want to meet Obama, read "obama nation." excellent background on perhaps the most dangerous man to ever hold the office of the presidency ...
    A 9mm MAY expand, but a .45 will NEVER shrink ...

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." --Robert A. Heinlein

As Tom Gresham reminds us:

http:tinyurl.com/5gznwl
    Lew Wallace was an optimist.

I want my country back!

Happy information for all you Obama supporters.
    He won't do much visible damage during the first 4 yrs. He must exercise some caution in order to assure the 2nd term.
    Pepe Ray

Please don't refer to your opponents as "sheeple." We were not all born with rifles in our arms and nursing on bullets.
    Sheeple refers to those individuals that are unable or unwilling to think for themselves. The term is all to appropriate. If you don't want to be classified as sheeple, then it's up to you to change it.
    Just because I don't like the term "homo sapien" does not mean I'm not one or that I have the right to tell someone else not to call me one.
    Sheesh!
    Outlaw Torn by Scott Ferguson
    Released 2003 by PublishAmerica
    http://www.publishamerica.com

What is the basis for an executive order? Why doesn't it happen more often?

Why didn't Clinton do it concerning guns in his 2nd term?

Im283 brings up a really good point for all the hysterics going gonzo over buying an evil black rifle now before they all get banned and we can't defend ourselves from the goon squads collecting up all the firearms house to house while the black helicopters circle overhead.

IF IT COULD BE DONE BY EXECUTIVE ORDER, WHY DIDN'T CLINTON DO IT?

I can't wait to read the convoluted conspiracy thinking in the answer to that.

Definition of Sheeple: People of little analytical thinking, spirit and courage; these are easily persuaded, compliant, submissive and subservient.

The American Sheeple are blind to the political truth due to
    1) Propagandizing by the Media
    2) Fearmongering, doublespeak and newspeak by the President elect
    3) Fear of persecution
    4) Basking in materialistic consupmtion
    5) The hypnotic and entertaining power of televsion
    7) The dumbing down through "education"
    8) The failure to develop analytical thinking

9) Voted for Obama
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

IF IT COULD BE DONE BY EXECUTIVE ORDER, WHY DIDN'T CLINTON DO IT?
    He didn't have to - he got Congress to do it for him.

That wasn't so convoluted, was it?
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

To everyone regarding "Sheeple":

Consider, for one moment, that there might possibly be people reading these boards who are members of said demographic. Perhaps not the most subservient or willfully ignorant - maybe just ignorant, and attempting to glean some information from something they've stumbled upon. People don't all fit neatly into place when you attempt to create stereotypes, and there's a lot of gray in-between. Likewise, as people shift towards one stereotype or another, others from the more solid areas of the spectrum become more gray, replacing that which is lost.

"Sheeple" is, first and foremost, a derogatory term. It shows you attempting to segregate yourself from them, and conveys a sense of "holier than thou" attitude. Let me tell you one thing - I'm not willfully ignorant, I'm a gun owner, and I'm on your side in this. However, the second I see the term "sheeple" in a post here, I immediately move on to the next post, and disregard anything you might have been trying to convey. It's not worth my time.

"Why?" you may ask. Because we're in a war, and we're losing. There are almost 306 million people here in the US, and the NRA has 3 million members. We need all the support we can get, and all the people we can recruit to hold the same values we do. Calling people names does NOTHING to further our cause - in fact, quite the opposite. We need new blood, and welcoming people with derogatory remarks as to what they currently are will not aid in changing their minds.

Please, before you post anything on a public forum, before you speak out loud, and before you even think to yourself, consider the fact that words are weapons, more readily implemented in our current situation and far more powerful than our rifles. While words may be weapons, and do great damage to our enemies, other citizens of the United States are not our foes. The "sheeple," as you call them, are our future allies, and we will not win battles with oversized foam clubs with the writing "I'm with stupid" displayed in huge, fluorescent lettering.

No - in this war, we need to sharpen our skills of rhetoric with well thought out sentences, proper grammar, and piercing facts - nothing else will further our cause. Thinking of those who do not hold the same values or patriotism that you do as "sheeple" will do nothing to aid your wit, or your argument. I can promise that no public speakers that have ever used the term have had anything they said taken seriously. It may be somewhat descriptive of the mentality of the willfully ignorant, but derogatory remarks never change the minds of those you're insulting.

The ability to call somebody a name with hatred is a good indicator of how improper it is for use in public. Please, cleanse your mind so you may further our cause for liberty, instead of setting it back.

I agree that the term sheeple harms us. The definition could easily be applied to those of us who voted for Bush in 2004.