This is what I want to send but I would like to have some one else look at it and tell me if there is some thing else that I need to ask and or say.
Mr. Barack Obama
I still don’t know how you got in the office, but now you are there what are you going to do? There are many things that need to be done, where are you going to start? Now I do know Mr. Obama will not be reading this but one of his staff may, or may not. I have not heard how he is going to fix and change the things that need to be done? I did hear a lot of “I am going to push for change” and very little on how, so what I would like to know is:
1. Do you fully support the Supreme Court's recent decision that the Second Amendment of the Constitution affirms an individual right to weapon ownership?
2. Will your administration make any moves to outlaw or enact mechanisms to restrict the ownership (such as onerous regulations or prohibitively high taxation) by law abiding citizens of weapons not currently already covered by the National Firearms Act?
3. What is your definition of the word “Assault Weapons”? “Assault weapon” is an invented term. In the firearm lexicon, there is no such thing as an “assault weapon”. The closest relative is the “assault rifle”, which is a machine gun or “select fire” rifle that fires rifle cartridges. In most cases, “assault weapons” are functionally identical to hunting rifles, though cosmetically similar to military guns.
4. The performance of the stock market since your election reflects the lack of confidence in you and your proposals. How is that going to change after you are in the office?
5. I did hear one thing and I hope it is wrong, your plan to require community service for students. Doesn't this violate the 13th amendment? How can this be done?
6. Health care is a big problem in the V.A. things never gets done. I have been fighting to get my knee fixed (for close to 20 years) but nothing has worked and they will not do what they need to do. How are you going to fix the V.A. and you want to put everyone else in the U.S. in the same boat as the vets are in?
7. What is your position on church and state? On 1 hand y’all up there in D.C. say no we cannot mix the 2 BUT on the other hand it happens a lot when it suit you. In some states, liquor sales are prohibited on Sunday by a blue law, (that is mixing the 2) but y’all took religion out of school, (that is not mixing them) what is it going to be together or not? MAKE UP Y’ALLS MIND FOR ONCE. Also if there is a separation between the government and religion, what about all of the Federal Cemeteries and all of the religious symbols on the head stones?
In closing you said you are going to have a open government, now it is your opportunity to prove it to me and a lot of other voters. I will be posting this letter on line in a lot of places and the reply also. One of the areas that may be of interest to you is http://www.gunfacts.info/.
Purpose of the above web site is:
The goal of Gun Facts is to provide a quick reference guide for civil libertarians on gun control issues. Use Gun Facts when composing arguments for debates, letters to editors, email to your representatives, and statements to the media.
The issue Gun Facts addresses is the lack of intellectual honesty by gun control advocates. Over many decades they have presented information to the media and the public that is at best inaccurate, and at worst fraudulent. Gun Facts is dedicated to debunking gun control myths and providing citable evidence.
Common gun control myths are listed in the pages that follow. For each myth, one or more facts are presented to refute the gun control claim, and the source of the information is fully cited.
Is this letter ok as is or need some help?