Thread: We need nationwide rally/movement ASAP

We need nationwide rally/movement ASAP

We need to organize and network via the gun websites etc. that on a certain future day we all appear at courthouses, town squares etc. holding American flags or copies of Unintended Consequences", whatever -and make it known to the press we are gun owners who will not tolerate more restrictions etc. and we are out unarmed en masse.
    A few million gun owners in crowds on a Saturday at noon will get their attention.
    "When there aren't enough criminals, one MAKES them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ... Create a nation of law-breakers, and then you cash in on the guilt."

-- Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
    -- Former Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

A few million gun owners in crowds on a Saturday at noon will get their attention.
    CentralTexas,this ongoing massive firearms buying surge has already got their very rapt attention.
    Websites are being pulled down and policy statements abandoned.
    New converts,including Obama voters, are joining our ranks every hour.
    That said(TM, Standing Wolf acknowledged )I'll be happy to be a party of any rally, anywhere within my power to attend, on behalf of firearms right's.

Agreed, open carry rallies (where legal) of EBRs would be anice touch.

FFMedic

Agreed, open carry rallies (where legal) of EBRs would be anice touch.
    Sadly,Florida and Texas are 2 of only 6 states where Open Carry is not legal,FFMedic.
    We can gather, but must carry concealed.

Good idea. It may already be in the works. I think we do need a lot of cooperation between gunowners to make it work.

http://millionriflemarch.com/home/

same discussion elsewhere

As I said elsewhere, I'd be honored to march with all of you!

In addittion to the marches/rallies there is something you can do as one single person. I have been doing this for a few months now.

Use the 1st to protect the 2nd. Use every chance you can get to do two things, inform and assert. Inform people about the truth behind gun control and crime, assert YOUR rights. Use local papers, radio and TV call in, emails to radio and TV stations, letters and email to friends and government. Heck, I even leave my copies of America's 1st Freedom sitting around the fire station after I read them.

Take a few minutes every day and spread the word to inform people of the flawed logic that is gun control and assert that you will not tolerate your rights being tampered with. If enough people do this we can make gun control a political third rail and hopefully leave it unmolested for now.

FFMedic

CentralTexas: A few million gun owners in crowds on a Saturday at noon will get their attention.
    If we didnít get the National Guard called down on us! Not to mention getting decimated in the press. The MSM doesnít touch anything that isnít anti-gun and would make us out to be a bunch of fringe lunatics trying to take over the government.

The message we are trying to get out isnít the problem. Just getting it out at all is the problem. The MSM not only refuses to report honestly they will do everything they can to twist or destroy our message. How do we communicate with our fellow Americans without a real means to disseminate the information?
    Fred Schroeder
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."