Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are you dealing with online since The Change?

Who are you dealing with online since The Change?

Well since the 4th, as everyone knows, guns, ammo & mags have been difficult to get ahold of. I noticed that AIMSurplus.com is still selling their USGI AR mags at the same $10 or so price, whereas everyone else has jumped from $10-12 to $17-20 per mag (Thanks for nothing, Brownells).

When I call the 1.800 number listed on the AIMSurplus.com website to backorder some AR mags, I have gotten a perpetual "busy" signal all day.

My question is, who are you using for mags online? Where have you had good luck a) with prices that aren't gouged and b) with someone who will answer the phone?
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

Wish I could help but I have not called anyone.
    My wife has confiscated my cell phone and cut the land line.
    Says that am already over "arsenaled" and any further purchases and we'll be in front of Judge Judy.

Haven't called, but I placed an online order today at glockparts.com. Same price as always for the mags I bought. We'll see if they come in.

Most distributors are rapidly coming up w/ empty shelves and mfg. notices that it will be Jan-Feb 2009 (or later) before new orders can be filled.

Right now ... thanks to an enlightened citizenry that saw fit to vote BHO into office ... it's a sellers market and not going to change anytime soon.

Prudent folks started quietly stocking up 6-7 months ago. Wait and see folks are now faced with availability and rapidly increasing prices.
    The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!

Prudent folks started quietly stocking up 6-7 months ago. Wait and see folks are now faced with availability and rapidly increasing prices.
    exactly!! for the last 6 month all the brass I could lay my hands on..... used every sale to my advantage for bullets

Christmas trip home to Missouri this year will include stops at Midsouth, Natchez, Graf and sons, Midway, Starline and Sierra
    It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prudent folks started quietly stocking up 6-7 months ago. Wait and see folks are now faced with availability and rapidly increasing prices
    Don't break your arm there contenderman....

Believe me, I've been stocking up not for months but for years. Limited resources and prioritization dictates that not everything can be bought all at once, you know.

I'm not giving up now just because goods may be a little more scarce than they were 6 months ago. I'm sure that ALL of us could identify some stocks that could use a little beefing up. That was more of what my question was directed at.

And as for "empty shelves," have you been to a gunstore recently? I just went to a local favorite and found, to my suprise, plenty of magazines, EBRs, ammunition and reloading supplies. Their prices, while not the best in the world, are relatively competitive. But I'm really asking about those deep discounters like AIMSurplus, etc. here.
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

I've been stocking up on ammo, brass, powder, etc. for the last few months. Today I ordered a couple of Sigs from CDNN - buy them now while I still can.

Tried to get through to AIM a couple times today but all I got was a busy signal.

I like CDNN. They are out of a number of things but not everything you might want mag-wise.

JG Sales is a little pricier but has a wider selection than CDNN still in stock.

I like Brownell's - I've always liked Brownell's. I sat next to the family all night at Cincinatti thought they were good people then and I've found Brownell's service to the trade to be consistently good and fair. Nobody has better service day in and day out.

Of course it hasn't kept me from joining group buys or stocking up on footballed items from other vendors. I too like CDNN and all the others including my friendly local gun shop but bargains are where you find them not something we're entitled to.

What I would like to know is where all these panicked EBR-buyers were on the 4th! If there are enough people to cause such a huge back-log at the manufacturers, it seams there should have been enough people to keep O out of office.

~Dale

Paranoooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyddd!!!!!
    Charter member PWU (Pud Whackers Unanimous!)

CDNN - great company, mild price increases last week, still among the best deals around for lots of stuff.

AIM Surplus - no (?) price changes in the last week or two, great customer service.

Midway USA - not the best prices before 11/4, but I don't see any increases since then. They will backorder stuff too at whatever the current price is.

del-ton is great for mid-level AR parts. They arent "gouging" at least not yet.
    יזכר לא עד פעם (Remember. Never Again.)

Does the internet work after The Change?

http://www.amazon.com/Dies-Fire-Chan...6424722&sr=8-1

I have seen a great deal of backorder tags on things like PMags...and noticed a slight uptick in prices from some online dealers. That being said, full panic mode hasn't seemed to arrive quite yet.

Bravo Company (for PMags), Wideners for Prvi Partizan
    M193 ... no "post election inflation" at either. (ammo price has changed only $0.01 per round pre/post)

Nick
    NRA Life Member
    Retired FBOP

Grafs for some tools, and locals. I'm not going crazy yet, just continuing to accumulate ammo and consumables.
    "Whom have I in heaven but you
    And beside you I desire nothing on earth." --PS 73

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen
    del-ton is great for mid-level AR parts. They arent "gouging" at least not yet.
    Yep - same prices I've always seen. Just ordered a mid-length upper kit from them, actually.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

I bought more green coffee - that doesn't count, though, I bet. . .
    3%

. . . and cello sonatas pour through the air. . .

I have been hitting gun shows each weekend mostly for mags and ammo. However Cabellas sent me $30 of of a $150 order so I ordered a a case of Wolf.

44mag.com has been holding the line on AR mags, as has Cproducts.
    What is the cure for cancer? The cure for death itself? The answer is immortality. By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, you become immortal.

Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! www.nebraskafirearms.org

Midway upped the dealer price on AR-Stoner mags from 9.99 to 12.99 right after I ordered a bunch. Not sure what the Retail Price did,
    whirled peas Through Superior Firepower

We have been buying from our local store here in town.

Montana Ordnance and Supply

If they don't have something in stock, they will special order it for us as they do for other people. Firearms, ammunition, rifle cases, holsters, etc.

We have been very pleased with their service and prices.

Good men and a great store! I like to support our local economy and when I find people that give outstanding service that is where I and/or WE go! I did the same thing when I lived back east - I bought at my favorite gun store. If a company treats me right - they get my business.

Catherine
    Closed Account

Has anybody been able to get in touch with Del-Ton? I get a fast busy signal every time I try to call and they won't reply to email. I don't want to order something from the website if it's backordered.

I ordered a bunch of P-mags before the election from My Go Time Gear and they took really good care of me.

better than I had any right to expect.

They were back-ordered on two colors of mag I ordered and since they were looking at being so long before resupply (and they were showing as in stock when I ordered) they upgraded that color to the Maglevel mags (the ones with the windows.). This was done proactively. I would have waited for the mags to come in, but they offered me the upgrade right up-front when they learned about the error in the system.

In the two shipments I received from them they also included a little trinket with the order. One came with a small pack of Jelly Belly sport beans, and the other came with a really compact lightweight compressed towel, for a B.O.B.

They are now one of my preferred vendors.

I know a lot of you don't know me yet, I usually hang out at the gun counter forum. I have no relation with this company other than as a totally stoked customer.

Has anybody been able to get in touch with Del-Ton? I get a fast busy signal every time I try to call and they won't reply to email. I don't want to order something from the website if it's backordered.
    It took a few calls but I did finally get through. I spoke with a very busy sounding CSR about the availability of parts (basically everything to rebuild a stripped lower upper stock handguard and carrier into a new rifle once (including a new barrel), with 2 or 3 iterations of parts that might be more prone to wear out, like springs etc...) she said most of what I asked for was probably in-stock though she couldn't be specific. Note this was for a rifle, not a carbine, which probably improves my odds a little for those of you looking for 16" anything. She did say that the backorders they currently have go out 12-16 weeks and cover something like 3,000 current orders, so she recommended placing my order online instead of over the phone for better service.

I went ahead and ordered what I needed online with a special instruction to call me if any items are seriously backordered. I'll be monitoring the order status online to see how it progresses, though I'm not in a hurry - I just want to get in the que so I can prepare to be my very own armorer for potentially the rest of my life. I suppose I can always pay a few bucks more to get those few backordered parts from Brownells or MidwayUSA, but I do like the good quality, good service and excellent price Del-Ton offers.

Wish me luck on getting what I ordered in my hands before it becomes illegal to ship. Heh.