Thread: Speak up at Change.gov

Speak up at Change.gov

Over at Change.gov is a prominent link, here

http://www.change.gov/page/s/yourstory

instructing visitors to

Start right now. Tell us your story in your own words about what this campaign and this election means to you. Share your hopes for an Obama Administration and a government for the people.
    I'm telling in no uncertain terms what it means to me:

I voted against Barack Obama because I believe that his position regarding the Second Amendment is incorrect, unconstitutional and dangerous. My rifle, deceptively called an "assault weapon" by the President Elect, is my birthright as an American - a right handed down to me by my forefathers who used their military-pattern rifles to defeat the British and win liberty for our great Nation. While Barack Obama posits that weapons like mine belong on "foreign battlefields and not American streets," he forgets that American streets have been battlefields before and may certainly be again, and that free men and women are guaranteed by our Constitution a right to posses effecient, effective weapons to erect their own defense in times of both peace and war.

My hopes for an Obama administration and a government "for the people" are that the rights - our birthrights - we posses will be respected and protected, not disregarded and cast aside by a President who has forgotten what "for the people" truly means.
    I'm putting all my contact info down too. I do expect that this may generate unwanted attention for myself, but I'm prepared to accept that. If we hide, we lose.

I would encourage each of you to speak up, as well.

Of course, also contact your local, state and federal representatives. Write letters, sign them in ink. I just wrote letters to my governor, state representative, state senator, congressional representative, and both US senators.

But BHO needs to know too.

Incidentally, for whatever reason the "Agenda" tab which previously outlined in so much detail BHO's infamous "Urban Policy" has been replaced with a short, brief statement about healthcare, education, economy, energy independance, Iraq & Afghanistan, and Iran, along with "many other domestic and foreign policy objectives." I don't know if this change means anything or not, but it certainly won't if we don't make our voices heard at every opportunity and with all our might.
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

You can also share your "vision" here

http://www.change.gov/page/s/yourvision

I shared thusly -

My vision for an Obama administration and a government "for the people" are that the rights - our birthrights - we posses will be respected and protected, not disregarded and cast aside by a President who has forgotten what "for the people" truly means.

This means that firearms, including deceptively misnamed "assault weapons," remain in the hands of free American citizens who understand the responsibility bearing such arms entails.

Liberty must never be traded for comfort or sold for the promise of economic prosperity. Our President must faithfully execute his oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

message sent
    for all the good it will do
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."

for all the good it will do
    Yah

This seems like a good time to be an Existentialist. Facing the absurd, we must derive meaning from simply chosing to act, accepting that our efforts may be to no avail. Like Sisyphus, we must keep rolling this rock up the hill, even if it crushes us on its way back down.

It may even be possible to get a job from the inside and possibly help that way
    http://www.change.gov/page/s/application

Message posted
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

I did my bit:

My hope is that we don't trade economic recovery for an errosion of the personal liberty. I am mainly concerned about the President-Elect's positions on firearms. Senator Obama claims to support the 2nd Amendment, as does Senator Biden, but both their records contradict that support. Senator Obama's position, supporting a ban on civilian concealed carry nationwide, is incorrect. The government taking away a citizen's ability to defend themselves is completely wrong. The 1994 'assault weapons ban' did nothing to curb crime. By definition, criminals do not obey the law, and they will not abide by any new ban on semi-automatic versions of military firearms. The 2nd Amendment, after all, has nothing to do with hunting, or shooting clay-birds. The 2nd was placed in the Bill of Rights in order to afford the common citizen the ability to protect themselves, their family, their community and State from criminals, foreign enemies, and (God forbid) their own government, should it become tyrannical. I know that crime needs to be controlled as much as possible, but that control cannot be attempted at the expense of the 2nd Amendment.

Well done. Thanks for contributing, all.

Let's keep the comments coming. If he tramples our rights anyway, let's make sure it wasn't for a lack of protest.

Thanks for the pointer to change.gov. I went and added a comment too. Only part of it was gun related so I won't quote it here.