Thread: Respect for individual freedom around the world

Administrator   

Respect for individual freedom around the world

Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

I like it. Thank you!

I have friends from around the world and in various 'religions' too. Some are moderate and some wear the 'strict religious clothing'. I knew some of these people growing up and as an adult.

I would like to see women in all types of clothing representing all of their religions and/or nationality.

Christian

Jewish

Muslim

Hindu

Etc.

Catherine - A non hyphenated American and Christian
    Armed and Female
    Montana
    PS: The dress could be a bit longer - this looks like it is right below her butt... no offense. Maybe a bit above the knee or mid thigh. Call me old fashioned and I am sure that I will get heat from the 'guys' on this. Ha!
    Last edited by Catherine; November 11th, 2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added more - PS
    Closed Account

I like to see women in all sorts of clothing, or even with no clothing at all!

Nicccceee!!!!

Oleg, I love your work but this one eludes me. Our government couldn't give two s***s about that dress, and in many places here wearing that sidearm is legal.

Perhaps the final caption would read better as "All governments should respect individual liberties"

Of course, I've been wrong before...

Oh, and Catherine, that dress is perfect! Unless it's on my daughter.
    Mal Reynolds is my hero.

; . )

Catherine
    Closed Account

Administrator   
    Note that the poster does not say "American government". It applies in more countries than just the US.
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

My groom/husband used to say that he liked red heads and some of the women that he used to date had long and big hair.

I better not have him look at this picture now! Ha!

Super short, straight, brown hair here, older and eyeglasses... I have GUNS though. Grin.

The late 1960's clothes were donated too. They are coming back in fashion though! I love the boots!

Catherine
    Closed Account

PS: The dress could be a bit longer - this looks like it is right below her butt... no offense. Maybe a bit above the knee or mid thigh. Call me old fashioned and I am sure that I will get heat from the 'guys' on this. Ha!

Catherine an Armed and Female from Montana

I am all guy and I agree with you , I am old fashioned too
    BTW it is a good pic. Mr. Oleg Volk
    I have like most of your work.

John

I like it.

And, Oleg, where do you get your female models!

Keep up the good work...

Administrator   
    My models are mostly my friends. This one is a shooter -- THR members did a fundraiser last summer to buy her a P32 for her 21st birthday.

Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

Good on her for being a shooter. As a red-head myself, I have an inherent affection for my fellow palies.

And her dress isn't that short. She is clearly within the dress code.

I think what Mr. Volk is getting at, if I may be so bold as to presume, is that these two countries that we Americans often tout a moral sense of superiority over because of our greater appreciation for human rights -- freedom of expression in dress and the right to self-defense in arms -- that we Americans are dangerously close to emulating their coercive oppression.

I like what this poster says. Keep up the good work, chief.

P.s. How come none of your models ever smile? It ain't so bad! Cheer up, red! You got yourself a P32, that's something to be happy about.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Note that the poster does not say "American government".

Oops!
    Mal Reynolds is my hero.

Oh, I like this one a lot.
    "Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place." - Frederic Bastiat, The Law

I dont see a thing wrong with her dress...

Although - the caption implies she should be wearing that gun, not holding it...
    In case you're wondering, there really are more stupid people these days. Technology has rendered natural selection obsolete.

Silence is golden........duct tape is silver

I'm glad Oleg and I share appreciation for the pale-skinned. Excellent

Edit: don't you dare touch that dress length. Sure it was inappropriate a few decades ago but today that is practically conservative compared to what I see a lot of women wearing.

Dope
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars. -griz

Is there a gun in that picture ...???

Oh - now I see it
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

Nice stuff!
    Every social movement (*snip*) that tries to break the bonds of mindless convention and tradition and that defies established privilege gets accused of being rude and worse, much worse, and there are always weak apologists for the status quo who use that pathetic etiquette excuse to try and silence the revolutionaries. Successful revolutionaries ignore the admonitions about which fork to use for their salad because they care only to grab the steak knife as they launch themselves over the table. -- Richard Dawkins

Thought I recognized her. I couldn't send as much as I wanted to to help in the fundraiser for her...

You know, most of the time I like to think of myself as a reasonably sophisticated, intelligent, young gentleman. God help me though, my first thought upon reading through this thread was, "Pale, redhead, 20's, shooter, intelligent enough to be counted as Oleg's friend... Is she single and willing to move to Seattle?"

As far as the poster goes, the grammarian in me says that it should be, "The Iranian government..." and, "The Russian government". Overall though, I don't know that it conveys its message well to others because of the widespread belief that guns, unlike provocative clothing, do, in fact, hurt people. In order for this poster to be really effective, the popular perception of a firearm needs to be altered first.
    The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.
    - Lazarus Long

"The knowledge that they fear is a weapon to be used against them..."
    - RUSH

good job!!
    NRA life member, Support Our Troops,
    Pointman Ministries Member
    MMCDC Member

Once upon a time, our government was supportive of individual freedom. That was a long, long time ago.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

What 357Wheelie said -- you need the definite article there before "Iranian" and "Russian."

Instead of "Our government," would you consider "Any government"?

timothy

Oleg, I like the message your sending very much. I just think the woman holding her dress up is going over the line a bit. I know that sex seems to sell guns but I personally don't agree with it. I'm sorry Oleg. I respect the work you do but I can say I like the picture. Just the message.
    If you don't believe in our bill of rights keep your hands off it...

NRA Life Member

Nice legs ! don't hide them..

Shung,

A not too old fashioned european
    Swiss gun collector and shooter.. and proud of it !
    Geneva is not about conventions. It's where I live ;)