Thread: Guns sales up -CNN puts in their 'Crime' category

Guns sales up -CNN puts in their 'Crime' category

CNN 11/11/08

Very telling huh?
    http://www.cnn.com/
    Liberals are generally good people, who fill the life raft with so many good intentions that it sinks...drowning all aboard.

Well, guns do fight crime...
    Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars.

By CNN standards, that's not nearly as bad as it could have been.

Good that we are getting coverage. The liberal democrats will be emboldened when they return to congress to pass laws that previously proved unpopular: They think they have a mandate because of their enormous victories this past fourth. This is a clear-cut example of Americans who are not giving them a mandate to consider laws that infringe upon their Second Amendment rights.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Ha ha true. I'm thinking business would be a better category. " A box of 9mm
    is worth 4 shares of GM stock and selling like hotcakes."
    Liberals are generally good people, who fill the life raft with so many good intentions that it sinks...drowning all aboard.

I think it should have been placed under Economy instead of crime. It's no different than if there was a story of GM selling a whole lot more hybred cars than this time last year or Maytag seeing a jump in sales of washers and dryers.
    Most of the stories posted so far from different sources have lines similar to this -
    Conatser said his store, Virginia Arms Company, has run out of some models -- such as the AR-15 rifle, the civilian version of the military's M-16 -- and is running low on others.
    Now imagine if all those dealers tack on a NRA membership to every sale. Just have the customer fill out the membership form along with the ATF paperwork and the dealer drops it in his stack of outgoing mail. Seriously, these people are spending ~800 bucks on a rifle or handgun. They should be invested in someway with a pro-gun group which will have clout to stand up to a ban on those very same firearms. We talk about educating the public, getting new gun owners involved and raising membership numbers. Seems to me this would be the way to do it.

last post

They will spent thousands on guns and ammo but are opposed to the NRA.
    makes sense to me.join and make it 100,000,000 then the pols will pull into their bunkers.

Everyone that buys a gun intends to kill someone with it. Come on, this is the High Road you guys should know these things.

A box of 9mm
    is worth 4 shares of GM stock and selling like hotcakes."
    Atticus
    You owe me a new keyboard
    Charlton Heston October 04, 1924 April 05, 2008
    from my cold dead hands!! Rest in peace.

MOLON LABE

Thats great invest in ammo futures
    Some day my children will have a lot of guns and that will bring a smile to my face.

If my memory serves me correctly there will be a fresh influx if antigun bills tossed in as new lawmakers come in. Just like last time. Happens every voting cycle.
    It is my choice still to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic even after the military.

Ammo Futures

Right! Firearms are energy conversion devices -- useless without "fuel".

I've purchased several years' supply over the past months. If the politicians don't change ANYTHING next year (RIGHT!) I'll still enjoy "burning" my stock. I don't see a downside.
    If the sun's up, you still have a pulse and background radiation levels are nominal -- everything else is gravy! ChAir Force Specialty Code 1825K // My oath to "defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" has no DOS. . . .

Quote:
    GM selling a whole lot more hybred cars...

Shouldn't that be "inbred" cars??

Guns sales up -CNN puts in their 'Crime' category
    I'd have expected no less of the Communist "News" Network.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

We all know the reason people are buying up guns and ammo is so that they can go out on the street corner and peddle 'em. Don't we?

It's like the "removing guns from the streets" phrase used by the gun banners. I've never seen a gun on the street, but do know many people who (legally, for the present anyway) transport guns in their vehicles and on their persons while moving about on the streets.