Thread: Beware of Ammunition Coding System

Beware of Ammunition Coding System

Hello, all. I've been researching a company called Ammunition Coding System (ACS). To put it in a nutshell, they've patented a process to engrave unique identifying codes on the bases of bullets when they're manufactured. Now they're trying to introduce legislation in every State to force the adoption of their technology (to their profit and our expense, of course). I've given full details of their front organization and tactics in a post on my blog.

The company's been around for a few years, but it looks like they're ramping up their efforts to impose their system on us, whether we like it or not. I'd be grateful if you'd please pass the word to your shooting friends. We need to be on the alert for this in every State legislature, and fight it.

Thanks.
    Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

No surprise ... BHO as president, friendly (anti-gun) political climate perceived, and they are going for the gold.
    The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!

Administrator   
    You have a slight error in your blog (is the number $.005 or $0.0005)?:

All costs involved would be funded by a levy on the price of ammunition. Their sample legislation gives a proposed figure of $0.0005 per round of ammunition. That translates to one-tenth of a cent on a box of 20 rounds, or one-quarter of a cent on a box of 50 rounds.
    That levy sounds minor, doesn't it? Suuure . . . but when you get to crunching the numbers, things start to look rather more rosy for ACS. Current figures are hard to come by, but in 1992, according to an ACS press release, "approximately 5.4 billion bullets were sold in the US alone." (I understand this excludes military and export sales.) At a rate of $0.005 per bullet, the revenues from sales of such ammunition - if it were coded - would amount to about $27,000,000.
    If the correct number is $0.0005 then you need to re-do your math in the second paragraph as the revenues would be $2.7 million, not $27 million.
    EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - PALS Gear for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank

I bet the guys who started that company consider themselves patriots too.

Hopefully this will never become a law but 'we the people' have the power to stop it.

We need to let our local Reps know how we feel...

Thanks, Bubbles. It's $0.005. I've fixed the typo in my blog entry.
    Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Take one for the team?

Can't some large ammo maker or a consortium of ammo makers buy them out and make sure the patent never sees the light of day?

coding

this has been going around for yrs.first they have to make machines that can turn out millions in a day.second will the ammo companies buy into it,if they dont,nobody will get ammo.and third they have to ban handloading.I have thirty molds.re they going to come and confiscate my molds.

Can't some large ammo maker or a consortium of ammo makers buy them out and make sure the patent never sees the light of day?
    Do we really want to encourage and reward that behavior with big fat payoffs?
    Every social movement (*snip*) that tries to break the bonds of mindless convention and tradition and that defies established privilege gets accused of being rude and worse, much worse, and there are always weak apologists for the status quo who use that pathetic etiquette excuse to try and silence the revolutionaries. Successful revolutionaries ignore the admonitions about which fork to use for their salad because they care only to grab the steak knife as they launch themselves over the table. -- Richard Dawkins

Thanks for the post.

I, and I suspect others, appreciate your words. Since you have make the decision to write more, just exactly where would we find these pearls of wisdom?

Thanks,
    salty

PS. Please tell more about trucks, a waitress at Outbook, ond other various and sundry asstd topics.

thnx,
    sd

A new equipment company devised a product to stop a table saw blade when it sensed contact with flesh thereby reducing the chance of injury. Other companys were offered the technology for a (ahem) royalty fee per unit. They were told to buzz off. So the new company decided to sue to have the government mandate the new technology and force the other companys to use the feature and pay a (ahem) royalty. No dice. New company is now manufacturing its own table saws. If consumers want it they can have it. No one was forced to participate. Free market decisions finally!
    I hope the government makes the right decision WRT the bullet coding too. I'm worried somewhat though that it won't.
    Joe

saltydog452,

The link Preacherman provided in his initial post brought me to the article. Does the link not work for you?

Try this: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot....ng-system.html

Time for a slight thread hijack - Some guy saw that rebar sticking up in a construction site could be very dangerous in a slip-and-fall rich environment like construction, so he invented plastic safety caps to put on the bare ends of the rebar, to blunt them, and make them safer for the workers. They look a lot like this:

He tried to market them to various construction companies, but nobody was interested in spending the extra money if they didn't have to. Failing in his business, as a last-ditch attempt, he spent mucho dinero (some say into the millions of dollars) lobbying the Federal Government. He managed to convince OSHA that there was a dire need for impalement protection, and OSHA wrote up a standard saying that all exposed rebar had to have anti-impalement devices installed... Suddenly his business was booming.

My point is, we need to constantly be on the look out for any silly thing like this to come along. First, each bullet will have an identifying number. Then, each bullet will have to be registered. With that will come registration fees, and taxes. Soon, ammo will have to be purchased one cartridge at a time...

ceetee - who refuses to drink the Kool-Aid, whether it's red or blue...

If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War Veteran!

The Appleseed Project