Thread: Federal Gun Control

Federal Gun Control

Most people don't realize that what they post on Internet Gun Boards, make them the best place the Fed. Gov. has to gather information for Gun Control. Don't post any information on the Internet that can be used against you, unless you want it available for use.
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flashgof.htm
    Visit: Early Risers Coffee Shop
    Happy and Safe Shooting !!!

feds

right on brother.

There is a famous bit of advice most attorneys go by that goes something like,"never write down anything that you would not want to be read aloud in a courtroom or not want your mother to read."

I shouldn't have even written this.

Employers are now routinely searching the 'net, Myspace, Facebook, etc for any information on prospective employees. Some prosecutors have started doing the same thing with defendants. One member on thefiringline.com has posted about his experience in monitoring certain extremist boards as a gov't agent.

Being careful what you post has been key, and often ignored, advice for years.

Yeah, but being afraid of one's own shadow means that they can control you even when they aren't watching. The key is to be prudent but not paranoid.

Preserve freedom of speech by shutting up?

I think not.
    America is divided between people who hate risk more than they love freedom and people who hate hippies more than they love freedom.

Imagine a world with no guns!

Well, I certainly hope they have someone who can read Gàidhlig
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

What happened to molōn labe?
    "Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone." -Erwin Rommel
    Explanations exist: they have existed for all times, for there is always an easy solution to every problem — neat, plausible and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

What happened to molōn labe?
    It's Greek to me

Not speaking now guarantees not even being able to speak later...

And later may not be that far off...

After all, John Hancock signed his name in big letters so that even the near-blind could read it.

Make noise...

Forrest

"Well, I certainly hope they have someone who can read Gàidhlig "

they do

So I guess the government wouldn't know that I'm a gun-owner if I didn't post on gun forums?

We sure don't want the feds to have any inkling that any of us actually support any portions of the Constitution of the United States of America ... that'll come around to bite us in the butt in the end, for sure.
    Will

Everything I know about cops, their respect for the citizens of this country and its Constitution, as well as the state of policing in this country ... I learned from the Internet.

We sure don't want the feds to have any inkling that any of us actually support any portions of the Constitution of the United States of America ... that'll come around to bite us in the butt in the end, for sure.
    I don't think the concern is with supporting the Constitution. I think it's more along the lines of posts that:

list your entire collection for the world to see;

discuss your willingness to violate any law you choose;

discuss your willingness to shoot the (insert perjorative here) on sight if they come for your guns; or

discuss your belief that the only way to fix the system is to tear it down.

The last three are arguably already violations of the code of conduct for this board, as well as being items that could easily get the board and its owners in hot water with the feds. The first is just common sense to avoid.

Your advise is sound but on the other hand, I have absolutely nothing to hide. I go to great lengths to ensure I break no laws and I pay my taxes. Nobody's got anything on me because there's nothing to get.

What I won't do is hide my support of the 2nd. In fact, just the opposite. I guess that makes me more of an activist than supporter. Anyway, I wish more of us were vocal to the politicians, the media, and others.

"Well, I certainly hope they have someone who can read Gàidhlig "

they do
    Saorsaaaaaaaaaa!

ALL of us are on lists.

Some of us are on MORE lists than other people.

Who cares?

Eschelon, Carnivore, Big Brother, forms, data, gun paperwork, etc.

Use your imagination on what Big Brother can do with his lists!

Every breath you take and every key you stroke online.

Catherine
    Armed and Female
    Western Montana
    Closed Account

LOL, I'm not sure they could use any of this in court, sense were not talking about anything wrong, and It's illegal for the FBI to collect on US citizens... but you can think what you want

GOOGLE, continuing to work closely with government, claims it would keep individual user data confidential: "GOOGLE FLU TRENDS can never be used to identify individual users because we rely on anonymized, aggregated counts of how often certain search queries occur each week."
    Yeah. Right.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

The CIA isn't supposed to gather info on US citizens inside the country, but the job of the FBI is to make sure we mind our P's and Q's. Janet Reno, when she was Attorney General is reported to have spoken about banning firearms related magazines and books which seems to me to be a violation of the 1st Amendment which seems to be THE amendment of concern to "civil libertarians".

Whatever, if Big Brother decides they want to confiscate guns all they have to do is order post office employees to record the names and addresses of subscribers to any firearms or hunting related magazines.

Sure wish I knew Gaelic, although Borderers probably spoke Cymmric.

Sure wish I knew Gaelic
    Hey, Larry - I'm only about 40 miles from you. I started learning a few years ago but I have sorta stalled out.

Saorsa means "freedom" or "liberty"

(something to yell when they're cutting your guts out)

The more we speak up and out, the more others will. The silence is to halt the spread of the word, limit those of us in the know, and make the rest of us fearful of those in government.

People should not fear the government, government should fear the people. Seems I heard that somewhere.

No one fears sheeple. Government makes no bones about what they are going to do to you and your arms. I just return the favor of what I'll do in return if they try.

What's that saying ? Molon Labe?

And besides, I'm forewarned. Shouldn't those of us in government be forewarned as well? I'll give them that much. Until they get the Constitution amended otherwise, that's my stance and I'm sticking to it. I wish they'd stand by the Constitution as well. If they would, all this blustering and posturing would be unnecessary and nonexistent. Alas, the vitiation of the Constitution persists.

Woody

Our government was designed by our Founding Fathers to fit within the framework of our rights and not vise versa. Any other "interpretation" of the Constitution is either through ignorance or is deliberately subversive. B.E. Wood