Thread: Dot-Gov personnel only - Combined Federal Campaign

Dot-Gov personnel only - Combined Federal Campaign

Dot-Gov personnel only - Combined Federal Campaign

You might be interested to know that the brochure for the "Combined Federal Campaign" allows donations to be designated specifically for the NRA.

See Page 51 thereof, attached, right hand column:

10006 NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund

11872 NRA Foundation, Inc, The

Terry, 230RN
    Last edited by 230RN; January 11th, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

nplant
    I'm lost... what does this mean, exactly?

I always gave to the Gay group just to upset my MSgt. when I was in the Corps.
    Find Liberty in your Lifetime
    http://www.freestateproject.org
    Hope to see my fellow freedom lovers in NH.

x=0x09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0

To the person who asks what this means: The CFC is the fed gov equivalent of the United Way. In most offices there is a certain amount of brow beating to make sure that you participate. ("You don't want to make the office/unit look bad by not having 100% participation, do you?")

To the OP: Is this only for DOT employees? My son is a Department of the Army civilian employee, I will pass this along to him if he doesn't already know about it.
    Lew Wallace was an optimist.

I want my country back!

^
    No, my use of "dot-gov" for the US gubmit started a couple of years ago, as in "epa.gov" and "USDA.gov." Borne of my constantly giving out my e-mail address as "RN.230@agency.gov." Got to be a habit from saying "blah.blah@agency-dot-gov." four or five times a day.

As far as I know, all agencies go through this CFC stuff every year.

And yes... you hear, "You don't want to be the one who keeps us from getting 100% cooperation, do you? Well, do you?" with one eyebrow up and the other down.

In past years I'd grumpily-grudgily give a whole dollar, but this year I discovered the NRA organizations in the brochure. So I'll kick in lots more and be a Hero Of The Agency and get accolades and warm fuzzies and bright shining smiles and Good Vibes from everyone. I'd rather give the whole amount directly to the NRA, but this year it seems appropriately perverse to funnel it through the Combined Federal Campaign.

Woo hoo!

I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the Orangutan rescue group listed under the NRA listing. Yikes! I'm going to start a charity... lessee... "Pine Cone Droppage Awareness Coalition, The" ought to do it, no?

DigitalWarrior: That's funny.

I donated $20 a month to 10006, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, when it came my way.
    "Touch Not A Cat's Butt At Target"

I donated via the CFC as well

I've given to both the NRA groups every year for many years now.

Gets people off my a$$ about giving and it's something I would have done anyway.

For the other military guys out there, it's easy to simple donate a dollar for everyone in you're section/unit and you get 100% compliance quickly without a lot of BS. Just a thought. I did it a few years ago and my peers were bummed they hadn't thought of it first.
    "He who dares wins."
    NRA Life Benefactor Member

Thumbs up

I'm glad someone posted this. I thought of posting this myself in activism but decided against it.

It is essentially United Way for the .gov and .mil. In the Department of the Army, the only authorized on-post charity drives are CFC and Army Emergency Relief.

Many pro-hunting (Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, etc.) and pro-gun (NRA, USA Shooting) organizations are in the book. One thing to keep in mind: you can donate money with out designating the recipient. If you do this, your donation is divided proportionally based on how much money each organization received.

So if Joe Blow gives $50 unrestricted and let's say for this overly simplified example, there are only two charities: NRA and the Brady Bunch (yes they're in there too ) and NRA received $50 in designated donations and BB received $25. Well 66% of Joe's money goes to the NRA, and guess where that other 33% goes.

So come on guys, let's kick some money to our guys and take some of that undesignated money away from the antis.

I only wish the CMP were listed too. Hmm, maybe I need to email Orest.

Sistema1927: There's no way in Hades your son doesn't know about it. Every organization does something different to advertise: car washes, 5K kickoff run, bake sales, penny jars. But it is advertised heavily via organizational email, paper mail. Every group designates a responsible person to had out and collect the donation forms: they tell us we have to turn the forms in, if we don't want to donate, we draw slash through the paper. It's impossible to work for Uncle Sam and not know about it. Now he may not know the NRA is listed and now's a good time to tell him :-)

I opted to give to the Red Cross this year instead of the NRA because of my current and paid off Life Membership to the NRA just went through. Figured people helping people out of natural disasters was a pretty good cause too.

MM2 (nuke)(SS) United States Navy
    Dakota Safe/RSC Review

Join the NRA, they need the money to combat the Brady Bunch. Agree with them this at least: keep your guns, keep them private.

jjbduke2004 noted:

Every organization does something different to advertise: car washes, 5K kickoff run, bake sales, penny jars.
    Yeah, every floor had a big sign by the elevators today touting a silent auction for the CFC --you know, a day skiing, some handcrafted pottery, a this-a and a that-a. One of the items was a professional update of one's resume!

Hmmmmm.... <scratches head>

Almost like the old joke about getting your resume jammed in the copying machine.

Terry, 230RN

Found another good one in the brochure:

USA SHOOTING, 11094

Helps train, etc, Olympic Shooters

Be aware that the CFC divvies up the pot before the money is collected. So if they decided that the NRA would get $1,000, and ten thousand people each designated their $10 to the NRA, the NRA doesn't get $100,000. They just get the agreed-upon $1,000.

But they do have to send out ten thousand thank-yous.

I've always made a point of not contributing anything via CFC because every agency always seems to have some pet cause they try to force us to contribute to, and I don't like the whole forced wealth redistribution thing of someone telling me I have to contribute. I give every year to the Salvation Army on my own, and tell our CFC "Political Officer" that I, "gave at the house".

This year though, it might be apropos to throw some ducats the NRA's way via CFC just to tick some people off.
    WWCD -- What Would Curly Do?