Thread: Junior shooting league

Junior shooting league

Hello, My son is 9, he shoots a .22 rifle more accurately than me and has recently started shooting a Walther P22. We live in Houston, TX are there any junior shooting leagues that he could join.

jr shooting

try the NRA as they are the official records keeping org.

I don't have a clue about Texas, but if you were in Virginia, I would suggest looking into 4-H. Maybe they have shooting programs there as well.

Are there any gun clubs around who might have youth air rifle teams?

Some of my kids opponents are club teams like they are on, many are Christian school teams. and because this is North Carolina, one is a public school team.
    3KB

"When confronted by a hungry wolf, it is unwise to goad the beast... But it is equally unwise to imagine the snarling animal a friend and offer your hand..." - Cicero

When I was in high school I was in a Youth Hunter Education Club. The YHEC program is run through the NRA and is based around building knowlegable, ethical hunters. It for kids 10-18 and they learn Wildlife ID, hunter safety, and orienteering skills in addition to shooting .22 rifle, shotgun, archery and muzzleloader. They also compete once a year usually on a state basis with a national competition held during the summer. I'm pretty sure there was a Houston club the time I went up to nationals. They might still be around.

BriDog,

try 4-H clubs, and the American Legion. Local gun ranges might be able to point you in the right direction too...

You can also have your son qualify for the NSSF Junior USA Shooting Team patch.
    Tom