Thread: Secured gun display cases

Secured gun display cases

In several movies, I have seen some display cases that secure and display guns in a very attractive manner. For example, the Mark Wahlberg character has a pretty cool gun display case/gun security thing.

Anyone have any pictures of secured gun display cases they care to share?
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

I personally would love to buy an older, preferably genuine and still functional, single action revolver, or flintlock pistol specifically for the purposes of display in a glass case. Maybe an engraved 1911, or even a GI Issue WWII era one. I wonder what kind of options are out there. I have a fake (looks real though) flintlock in a display case that I bought at an import furniture store, and I have thought about building a similar one and using a real pistol, but there's something about having a real gun in an unsecured display case for everyone to see that doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I have several guns around the house, but those aren't exactly in plain view. Any thoughts on this?
    Some people like seven grain bread . . . I like 230 grain lead.

Semi off topic? I remember the late Dave Arnold wrote that he had a old non functional pistol hanging on a wall in his home.It was in a position where when entering the front door it was visible. I thief would surely grab it when seeing it, and that would alert the homeowner that someone is/was in the home. Neet idea.