Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my ammo in today (pics)

Got my ammo in today (pics)

So I took some pictures

• Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10

So you bought all your ammo, which was packaged in nice little 20 round boxes, and spilled it all out? The steel-cased ammo will probably now rust quickly unless packed up in an dry container.

*Edit*
    Forgot to mention, nice pics. It's very easy to get excited over an ammo purchase but it really sucks seeing rust spots on the ammo, not that the AK wouldn't be just as happy to eat it up.

His name IS "gunNoob." Give the Noob a break.

I'm sure it'll be fine BTW. Just throw it in a surplus ammo can with some dessicant and the ammo will last longer than any of us.
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

Oh, and also, ammo pics are great. I like your pics. reminds me of "Lord of War."
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

Never use that steel crap. Especially in my AR!

It's been put into ammo cans, all is well
    • Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10

In the future, leave it in the original packaging unless you intend to "prep" it into magazines or stripper clips.

Battle packs or sealed ammo tins are easier to transport than loose ammo, and are designed for the long term storage of ammunition to preserve it.

Also, I don't shoot steel cased ammo (or steel jacketed) in any of my guns, even my Mosin. I hope you have a spare extractor and ejector.

Cool pics though.

That is an AK not an AR of course. If he got the oils from his hands on the rounds then they will start to corrode. However since it is an AK I am certain he will shoot all of it by the end of the month.

I love myths and miss information. I've been a gunsmith since 1978 (Colorado School of Trades) and I currently own 6 AR's which I built from scratch. I have shot Wolf Poly cased ammo in them all for the past 3 years. I have never had any malfunction, broken parts or wear from shooting steel cased Wolf poly ammo. I shoot thousands of rounds per year.

Good pics gunnoob. Is this considered an arsenal? ;]
    NRA life member, Support Our Troops,
    Pointman Ministries Member
    MMCDC Member

Let us not drag facts into this..... If people don't want to shoot steel it keeps the prices down.

I don't understand how it is better to keep the ammo in the cardboard 20 round boxes than in an ammo can. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the comments everyone. Just thought a big pile of ammo would make for a good picture
    • Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10

Also, I don't shoot steel cased ammo (or steel jacketed) in any of my guns, even my Mosin. I hope you have a spare extractor and ejector.
    Ruskie guns are designed for steel cased ammo. It's ALL I shoot in my SKS's and Mosins. In fact, I don't believe I've ever shot a single brass cased round in any of them. Never a problem. And I have never heard of extractors wearing out prematurely on Russian guns that shot tons of steel cased ammo.
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

The part you missed was where he said "packed up in a dry container." Ammo cans with good seals do qualify as dry containers. You're all good.

I guess maybe he thought you were just gonna leave it laying on the floor while waiting for the apocolypse.

When they are in the 20 round boxes you can fit more in the can than if they are loose (unless you have some OCD desire to align each individual round as you fill the can).
    Illinois State Rifle Association

"Hedonism is the illusion of freedom."

I don't understand how it is better to keep the ammo in the cardboard 20 round boxes than in an ammo can. Am I missing something?
    I don't think it does. I'd prefer it to be in an ammo can. The only thing I do, is just put the 20rnd boxes into the ammo can. that way i can grab the ammo more easily and know exactly how much I am taking.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Just thought a big pile of ammo would make for a good picture
    It does.
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

I guess maybe he thought you were just gonna leave it laying on the floor while waiting for the apocolypse.
    Haha, it does make for a pretty good decoration!
    • Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10

Cardboard can act like a dessicant, absorbing little swings in moisture level inside the storage can. Easier to count too. Only thing wrong with your pics is not enough ammo. Please re-post pic of rifle sitting on 5,000 cased rounds. Thank you.
    No, holding that venegence upon their enemies was more to be desired than any personal blessings, and reckoning this to be the most glorious of hazards, they joyfully determined to accept the risk... Thus, choosing to die resisting, rather than to live submitting, they fled only from dishonor... Pericles' Funeral Oration

^ haha I'll have to do that
    • Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10

That was just plain cruel.

I need to get some x39. In a bad way. Ammoman just jacked up the 1000rd price to $250.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) the free; and (2) food animals.

-Aristodemus

Lots of ammo. Now go shoot it instead of talking about it!

Wait a minute...In one picture, the carpet is grey, in other pictures, the carpet is brown. Just how many rooms did you fill up?

I am guessing that the grey carpet pic is black and white.

^ haha yeah that one is B&W
    • Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10

Come on, spread the wealth! My AK is hungry!

my AK - "OM NOM NOM!!"
    • Yugo SKS
    • Mosin-Nagant
    • WASR-10