Thread: Gun Owners of America

Gun Owners of America

My wife is working on a short paper concering the influences of the Internet on public opinion.

She would like to make reference to the successes of the Gun Owners of America, but needs to document any claim. Can you link any sources that do so?

Thanks.
    “It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”
    — Thomas Sowell

She might have better success by choosing the NRA or the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). Should be easy to Google successful SAF and/or NRA lawsuits - there have been several over the past few months.

In my experience, GOA doesn't do much but fulminate and alienate folks - including a good number of us Pro-Constitution firearms owners.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." - P.J. O'Rourke
    Jim Dozier - NRA; SAF; KSRA; CCRKBA

Despite the Anti-GOA Bias...

...of some folks on this site, GOA plays a valuable role. A good starting point, for a student who has already made the choice to examine GOA instead of NRA, might be to contact GOA itself Having compiled a set of GOA's claims of success, your wife could then look to other sources, to confirm or rebut GOA's specific claims.

Internet influences on public opinion...

Depends on what you mean by public --if that includes editors of firearms publications etc.

In any case, a blazing example of rapid-response on the internet is the Zumbo case.

Just google "Zumbo."

I have a feeling that the specific question you asked, regarding the GOA, has an underlying ulterior motive. Just my take on it.

Bias? What bias? It's not bias if it's factual and objective. JT

"Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective."