Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I obligated to buy a rifle?

Am I obligated to buy a rifle?

I recently purchased some reloading equipment and one of the die sets that came with the stuff is 7.62X39. I feel I am now morally and ethically required to get something chambered accordingly. Anyone else have this requirement thrust upon them?

Absolutely. Heck, I just bought a gun yesterday (.357) because I had some brass for it!

The Swami Says: I see an SKS in your future.

Yes you now obligated to buy a rifle chambered in 7.62x39 you would not what those dies sitting in a box not getting used,feeling neglected would you?

Please consider the CZ company and their model VZ58 with original stock.
    http://www.cz-usa.com/

Alternativly you could send me the dies, thereby saving you the cost of a new rifle.

I admire your high standards of Human Concern and your Charitable Impulses in inquiring as to how to help those poor dies. Kudos, sir!

And AZAndy, you are also a model of Good Stewardship for finding Honest Work for that brass.

Truly, truly, what The High Road is all about.

I, too, have been in the same situation, where I bought a complete rifle, dies, and all necessary reloading components for a telescopic sight that "just followed me home."

I know deep in my soul here's a Special Place in Heaven reserved for such as we.

I also know that those poor dies have finally found a Good Home.

This thread makes my heart Soar Like An Eagle.

this is what you need !

Swiss gun collector and shooter.. and proud of it !
    Geneva is not about conventions. It's where I live ;)

no, you're not required to buy a rifle. you may buy *any* firearm in that chambering, rifle, carbine, pistol, or drilling.

However, you are required to post pictures of the one you decide on.

If you don't yet have an AK, but one ASAP.

Yes, I bought my 357 because someone gave me 100 rds of 38 spec and I needed something to shoot it out of. Now I also have .30 US rds. I just do not have enough money to buy the 1903 to use them in

Every time I go to the range, I scrounge any left-over brass. When I find something in a caliber I don't have, I regard it as a Message from Above to get a gun in that caliber.

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Abso-by gosh-lutly. A 32 Win spcl with half of its parts in a coffee can at an auction was being ignored. I was compelled to buy the poor unwanted orphan and give it a loving home. That led to buying ammo and then a set of dies and just recently thanks to a fellow member on THR I now have some bullets. The happiness from the old gun is all the reward I need. Well that and shooting a gun older than me that shoots so good makes me feel good too.

You don't really want it to be alone so you may have to buy a little brother or a big sister for your new acquisition, who knows you might need a whole family.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Not much economics in re-loading 7.62*39

(unless Wolf starts becoming unavailable)

Most of the "brass" isn't even reloadable.
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

I would not reload for this round unless you had a rifle you were going to use for hunting & wanted to load something better for deer than the military rounds. This round is plentiful & cheep already loaded. You could save the dies, who knows how much they will be worth after the ammo ban.

You need to get the best gun in this chambering you can for those dies so they don't feel neglected. Get an AK!
    Sic semper tyrannis

Every citizen should have at least one rifle
    The Second Amendment IS homeland security.
    Pacifism is a priviledge of the protected.
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final, the trick is learning how to take your time when you're in a hurry. - W. Earp

M2

I have a nice collection of bayonets then I had to

get a rifle for each.
    I still need to get
    Springfield O3
    Lee Metford
    K98 (I have a gew 98 for my pioneer bayonet but I now have a short bayonet too).

Get a rifle in 'x39. Preferably a SKS or AK. Actually, a VZ-58 is better. Start to reload, find a load your rifle likes, and make a few k rounds of it. (store in deep, dark celler) Then buy surplus ammo to pratice. When needed, get out reloaded ammo. Or just reload and buy surplus at the same time
    Could someone please explain to me what this space is for?

"Not much economics in re-loading 7.62*39"

But it's for the children... er...dies!

I am quite relieved to see this post and the responses to it......I was ashamed to admit that I have gone out and spent hard earned cash on a GUN just because I somehow got a supply of ammo in a trade and "needed" something to shoot it with.....come to think of it, I have done it more times then I care to confess....

Well, I bought a Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible, and now I'm wondering if I should pick up a 9mm pistol since I'm buying 9mm ammo now ...?
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Don't be silly, of course you need a pistol and you need a lever gun for your 357 too.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

I once bought a mess of bullet casting stuff that included a mold that is perfect for .45 Colt. Not having anything chambered in .45 Colt I felt it my civic duty to purchase a Ruger Vaquero in that chambering. Problem solved.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

It's karma, a Saiga or SKS is in your future.

Don't leave out the bolt guns...

CZ 527