Thread: Gun Show Sitrep

Gun Show Sitrep

Well, I figured it'd be this way.....I went to our monthly gun show in town....got there 45 min after it opened....I lucked out and someone was leaving ...giving me a prime up front spot; but in the huge parking lot not a single space. They were all up and down the highway!
    Then there was the 50 yard long line to get in! Never seen a crowd like that in history!

The ammo guy had a case of 7.62 fmj winchester(new production) for me...$170, but he had sold all the cases of 7.62x39 (AK, SKS), all the 30.06 surplus, all the .223 , all the .45acp and all the .308/7.62 stuff he had brought for the weekend in the first 45 minutes!

One thing I've never seen before was a waiting line with 20 people in it, all holding the new yellow ATF forms....to be processed at this one guy selling AR receivers! All the vendors selling AR's and AK's already had half their stalls empty.

You'd think someone was giving all this stuff away.....even though most of the prices I looked at were at least 20% more than they should be.

Ole monkey ears has made gun dealers all over the country rich in the last few weeks!

You know, with the sales over the last few years, and definitely over the last few weeks.....I can tell you ,without even needing any industry statistics that the US citizen is better equipped in small arms and ammunition right now than our military is......I believe only a fool would even try to disarm the country, let alone tick off a lot of our citizens!
    When in doubt, Empty the magazine!

I went to one last week and all the SKS's were back up over $350 . .amazing.

Same here at this weekends GRB show. Long lines, guns flying off the shelf and prices up 20-25% on popular items, stripped lowers up almost 40%.

--wally.
    Your commitment to Freedom and Liberty is measured by your tolerance for others doing things you disapprove.
    NRA Patron Member since Jan 20, 2009.

Do you mean a case of 1000rds of that .308??
    Let's Go AUBURN
    INDESTRUCTIBLE 2008

There's one next weekend here, and I just don't think I want to brave it. I'm fairly well stocked anyway.
    NRA Life Member
    1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a
    firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for
    traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Do you mean a case of 1000rds of that .308??

I should be so lucky....nah, 200 round case. It wasn't a bad deal..Winchester's current price is $229! I figured I paid a dollar or two below wholesale! Funny thing is everyone is out of the stuff ..even the mail order companies.
    I don't feel great over the deal , but not bad either!
    When in doubt, Empty the magazine!

Texfed,

I was at the same gunshow at about 9:30 am and there were over a hundred people in line to get in the door! I had to park about 1/2 mile away. There were literally THOUSANDS of people there, many more than other gun shows in Ft. Worth. With 1,000 vendor tables I don't think there was Anything you couldn't find.