Thread: Winchester model 100

Winchester model 100

I have a friend with a model 100 in 308.He finished hunting for the day and pulled the magazine from the gun and then he ejected the round from the chamber.He went to double check it was empty before putting the gun in a case and it was jamed.He then put an empty magazine in the gun and he still could not cycle the bolt.He then pointed it in a safe direction and pulled the trigger and he heard the click of the firing pin but its still jamed,can't cycle the action but it will pull back a quarter of an inch.Looks like I get to tinker tomorrow but have never dealt with a 100 before.

Anything I should know or look for before I dive into this rifle?I found a break down of the action and it looks like I will be playing with a lot of pins instead of screws but it is a basic simple action from what I can tell at this point.It looks like I have one screw behind the trigger guard and a pin up forward to start with but again I have never touched one of these.Any help would be a great help!
    "And gloating is a legitimate form of human emotion, since it isn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins, as far as I know.And Ha-Ha!"-230RN

Have you read the info at Wisner's site? The Model 100 info is very near the bottom of the page. I've quoted parts of 2 sections below. I encourage you to read everything they have to say about the Model 100, not just what I've posted.

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional...erl_88_100.htm

"MODEL 100 GAS SYSTEM PROBLEMS: If the gas cylinder is rusted so tightly into the operating slide assembly that it can not be pulled rearward, there is one solution. You will by now have some movement of the barrel away from the forearm. Select a long punch that will go in between the barrel & the forearm. Locate the small retainer ring that locks the gas cylinder sleeve/plug in place, hit it hard enough with the punch to break it. Now you can use a large long screwdriver to engage the slot on the end of this plug, unscrew it. You should now be able to move the operating handle to the rear. What you have done is to remove the “cap nut” that holds the gas cylinder into the barrels gas lug, the cylinder being rusted in the operating handle, it will now be retracted out of the lug, allowing the handle to be retracted. This information supplied by a long-time Winchester warranty gunsmith Walter Lodewick."

"MODEL 100 OPERATING HANDLE FREE BUT NOT RETRACTING ALL THE WAY :- This usually can be attributed to the owner trying to disassemble the gun using the thought that the trigger housing will come out first from the bottom. They can not get it to come out (usually bending the side rails) so they reassemble it, only to now find that the handle will not operate. What they have done is that the safety somehow got pushed off, in the process, they pulled the trigger & not knowing what has just happened, when they retightened this unit the hammer’s top rear corner is now bound up between the bolt sleeve & the head on the rear of the firing pin. The trick is now to remove the rear guard screw, pry the trigger guard assembly down far enough to reach inside & recock the hammer with a long hooked rod."

JohnBT-Sorry to take so long to get back to you but thanks for the info!You saved me a 50 mile round trip for nothing!The guy who owns the gun has hit it hard with penetraiting oil and we are now in a wait and see mode.If the penatraint does not work then we will see about going after the retainer for the gas piston/gas block cap.I worry about breaking the stock but if it happens then it happens.The owner is good with fiberglass and reson so worst case may not be bad at all.
    "And gloating is a legitimate form of human emotion, since it isn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins, as far as I know.And Ha-Ha!"-230RN

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me. N95 mask

Hendrix

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing 먹튀

www.onewalmart.com

I’m encouraged while using surpassing along with preachy list that you just adorn such minor timing. www.onewalmart.com

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. tesco payslip activation code

jacsonalex

If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. Antminer s19j 90th

asdczxc

I'm constantly searching on the internet for posts that will help me. Too much is clearly to learn about this. I believe you created good quality items in Functions also. Keep working, congrats! wiflix

GReat recommendation really

cryotherapy pensacola

how long does it take to learn python Tutorial Archive is a firm that efforts to provide you Advanced Programming tutorials in a very easy way. Here you can find World’s Best Tutorials and Computer Related Knowledge that makes you Professional in your Field. https://tutarchive.com/how-long-does...-learn-python/

Fashion Trends for Women Gender Gorgeous offers the best personal care products online along with makeup hacks, makeup tutorials, weight loss tips, hair care products, and much more. https://gendergorgeous.com/

cirurgia de catarata

Cirurgia de Catarata – Preço, Valor, Consulta, Clínica, Operação. Clínica de Olhos, Consulta com Oftalmologista em São Paulo. cirurgia de catarata

www.ufabet.com ลิ้งเข้าระบบ24

now premier league football And many more leagues are already launching with fun. People who support football, investment people like us, in addition to following football stories. Still have to look for websites or applications that are online gambling sites. If we don't know where to play We recommend you to come to UFABET football betting, the best football betting site in this era. www.ufabet.com ลิ้งเข้าระบบ24

I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. Thanks for sharing!
    lake macquarie solar battery

Exactly!

This has been helpful. I was glad to have found this website and read this thread. Grand Rapids Duct Cleaners

nc post

Great blog !! You should start many more. I love all the info provided. I will stay tuned.
    https://www.lakemacquariekitchenrenovations.com.au/