Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Haven't Shot One of These, You Should.

If You Haven't Shot One of These, You Should.

In the past few months I have shot about twenty different pistols, both mine and friends' that I shoot with. I have bought, in this order, the following: a Glock 27, A Ruger MK III, A Glock 19, A CZ 75 B in 9mm., A Springfield XD(M), in .40 cal., A Bersa Thunder in .380, and a CZ 75D PCR, in 9mm. I put crimson trace lasers on the G19 and the CZ 75B, and trijicon sights on the G27. I love all my guns, don't want to give up any of them, but.... I believe the CZ's are the best of the bunch. Flame me if you want to, but both the 75B and the PCR are virtual tackdrivers compared to the others, excepting the MKIII which is not in the same ball park. They eat everything I feed them, so do the others, but it is a great feeling to shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger and see those little holes appear so tight, much tighter than with the others.

Any of my guns will save my life, I have confidence that they will defend me if need be, but The CZ's are really special. Amazingly, they also cost less than my Glocks or XD(M). If you have never shot one, you really oughta try it, you'll like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator   
    Welcome to the wonderful world of CZ! But, I do have to warn you....

If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

No flames, here. CZs are fantastic; Nice pics!

my first handgun, a CZ P01 is in the mail on its way to me

the wait is killing me!

my first handgun was a cz97b. Took it straight out of the box and shot rings around a kimber custom. I just wish they make a .45 that is easily concealable!
    "Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"

The Land of Northern Hospitality and Southern Efficiency
    No flame here, I have a CZ 24, 52, 82, 75, and 527.
    Move along move along. Nothing to see here.

Old Navy, you are preaching to the choir on this board.
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

I like CZ pistols.
    Have the old standard CZ52 (with 9mm conversion),
    three CZ83 in 32ACP, .380 and 9x18,
    and the latest was the CZ40P (40 S&W).

I have a bunch of 40 S&W ammo, so wanted a medium size, inexpensive pistol in 40 S&W. Saw the 40P at a gun show and liked it right away, especially for the price of $319.
    I don't like that magazine and have since bought some that fit flush with the grip.

Soon as I got home I tried it out and was impressed at how well the 40P shot.

The gun points so naturally, for me, it does well even with my eyes closed.

Agree 100%. I've also shot 15-18 different pistols in the last year, including the few I own and the PCR (and regular 75B a close second) always slips into my hand perfectly. No fidgeting with my grip; it always feels right. Amazingly accurate too even for a novice shooter. I always shoot one of the two CZs when I want to feel good about myself.

OK you guys are giving me the itch.

There are a couple of 75's in the local gun shop I am looking at. I wanted to see an sp01 (that's the larger one right?) but I might just have to get a 75.

One is new, 75BD, 10 rd mag, around $480 IIRC. The other is used, older grip that I don't like so much, 75B (which I prefer), 10 rd mag, $390. Prices seem all right?

Neither has that good a trigger so some amateur gunsmithing would be in order. I'd also need tritium up front, an extra cost, and at least two full mags.

I just tried a Beretta 92 which feels even better in the hand, but I'm guessing it doesn't quite have the accuracy.

I've purchased only one other autoloader since my first CZ-75. I got a great deal on a Glock 17 but other than that it's been six CZ's and a Kadet Kit. I still have my 1911's Hi-Power, HK USP's, etc., but the CZ's are the best.

I could have pretty much anything I want - it's just that the CZ-75 is best for me.
    Arm yourself, arm a friend!

Stop it. All of you. I have just barely convinced myself that I can live without a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and here you go yakking about how good CZs are. Just knock it off, OK?
    "The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired." Washington State Constitution

Administrator   
    buyczbuyczbuyczbuyczbuycz....

AAAAHHHHH!!! I want one!! If you guys each just gave me a little CHANGE, I could afford one... CHAAANGE............ CHAAAAAAAANNGE....

..... CHAAAAAANGE......

Sorry, couldn't help myself with that little southpark reference ;-)
    "Sadly, being helpless themselves, sheep tend to instinctively fear anything with canine teeth. Many of them cannot distinguish between the wolf and the sheepdog, and thus fear them both equally."
    - Massad Ayoob

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    --George Orwell

Probably my next pistol will be the CZ 75 D PCR, my favorite of all variants of the 75.
    NRA lifer, GOA lifer
    Criminals, commie libs, and sheeple love gun control.

Seems a lot of folks like CZ's, here are mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator   
    The Classics Collection.

CZs'll spoil ya 15 rounds @ 7yards,15 @15 and 20@25.
    rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
    originally posted my Mike Irwin
    My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
    The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."

heck, my 17k round 40b does that at 35 yards too, and i'm a terrible shot! they're great guns!

No flames from this side either.. Although I dont own one, I've not got anything against a CZ!! I'd like to have a 75 kadet (.22lr) for something fun to plink with, that wouldnt break the bank for ammo... But I cant afford a new gun at the moment.. You've got an extra dont cha??
    Mick

Administrator   
    burning, didn't know you compete with your CZs! Very nice setup,and I like the layout on that picture.

well now you know. they work great. the only times i've had problems with them, was when the problem laid somewhere between the gun and my two shoes.

best i've done long distance is rapid fire 105' with a one foot group. if i could do it slowfire or off a benchrest i could probably do better... my more experienced friends have done cloverleafs at 20 yards.... through my beat up 40b. now the sp-01... o boy, 15 yard magazine dump through a 2" group.... wheee! i only wish i CZ made an sp-01 in 30sw with a manual safety. better yet, i wish i could afford the tactical sport.

I've had 5 so far. 52, 40P, 75BD, Kadet and 527.

All have been somewhat finicky in various ways.

52, horrible ergos that cut my hand. Sold.

40P, just wasn't happy with the 40 snap. Sold.

75BD, still have it but not reliable with range ammo. Best ergo's I've ever felt in a gun.

Kadet is probably the best out of all. Sick accurate and reliable, except when the firing pin retainer fell out, hit the dirt and ejected the spring about 10' behind me. Found it though.

527, fun as can be but bad mag issues (defective design). Filed down a certain section, works now.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) the free; and (2) food animals.

-Aristodemus

CZ-40B. Reliable, little recoil for a .40, nice sights, decent trigger, nice ergos. I took it apart and was really impressed with how CZ designs stuff. I really wish I had bought two at the fire-sale price CDNN had this summer.