Thread: Houston Gun Show in news

Houston Gun Show in news

KHOU in Houston is running the full story on their 10 pm news tonight.

Alex Sanz / 11 News

HOUSTON -- A shifting political landscape in Washington is packing gun shows, including the one in Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
    AP
    Over 10,000 people showed up on Saturday, and just as many turned out on Sunday.
    I didn't make it, I already have about everything I can store, and the wife was sick. I'm glad I didn't need to brave those crowds.
    Browningguy
    Houston, TX

Only 10,000? The author should have seen the Wananmacher.

I've forsworn all gun shows until after Christmas credit-card bills hit panic-buyers.

I might visit the parking lot at the "Nations Gun Show" next weekend
    just to count the standing in line to get in.

This foolishness will be well-abated by Memorial Day.
    Mark my words.

I just bought an AR-15 at Gander and paid the same price I would have paid before the election. I was lucky though. They only had a few rifles left and I got the second to the last A3.

I couldn't get in the Ft Worth show last weekend.
    I have NEVER seen such a crowd, even during the klinton years.

I have already called off going to the Dallas show and I never miss the Dallas show.

Who knew that this year would be the break out year for beef jerky? Don't folks know that you can get it other places besides the gun shows?

I just bought an AR-15 at Gander and paid the same price I would have paid before the election. I was lucky though.
    Don't know about your area, but around here all the dealers are 20+% higher than gun show prices pre-election. At last weekend's show, gun show prices jumped to match the local dealer's prices. It sure looked like there were more folks lined up to buy than there were guns available.

I would have just turned around and gone home when I saw the line when I arrived about 10 minutes before the opening time, but I'd made arrangements to pick up a couple of pre-election purchase transfers at this show so I was committed to going in. Quite the circus.

--wally.
    Your commitment to Freedom and Liberty is measured by your tolerance for others doing things you disapprove.
    NRA Patron Member since Jan 20, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester
    Who knew that this year would be the break out year for beef jerky? Don't folks know that you can get it other places besides the gun shows?
    Contrary to idle gossip and popular belief The High Caliber Gun Show held aty the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houst (about once a month) is jam-packed full of guns and ammo. There are one or two Jerky vendors and a few "antiques"\novelty tables but about 90 percent of the tables there are hawking guns (new and old), ammo, optics or holsters\gear.

It really is a full morning event to get around and see everything. I've been to several shows in other cities and, if that were my only experience, might be inclined to agree with your assesment, generally.

GRB shows seem to be above average in quality, when simpletons aren't shooting themselves in the hand, that is.

Also there several dealers there (The Gun Zone, Schrams) with very decent prices on new guns.
    His pistol butts a-twinkle, his rapier hilt a-twinkle-Alfred Noyes
    As much as I would like the criminal scumbags to stay in their own areas, it would be a violation of their civil rights to demand they do so.-Mainsail
    It all changed about the same time "He needed killing." ceased to be an affimative defense.-Wiley
    In essence, anyone with the business accumen to run a gun store with sterling organization and customer service also has the business accumen to not get into the gun business in the first place.-AJ Dual

It will be interesting to go to the Nation's Gun Show here in NoVA this weekend. None of the dealers in metro VA have any EBRs. Saw a CNN report that featured VA Arms in Manassas and they were out. Stopped by Saturday and confirmed that they were indeed out of EBRs, as was another dealer down the road. Some of the more rural dealers will probably have "assault rifles" so it may be worth a visit if I decide I need just one more before all the hope and change set in...........
    clar innes!