View Poll Results: If You Could Move to the Most Gun Friendly State What Would it Be?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alaska

71 27.63%
  • Arizona

21 8.17%
  • Florida

11 4.28%
  • Idaho

17 6.61%
  • Indiana

9 3.50%
  • Montana

38 14.79%
  • Nevada

10 3.89%
  • New Hampshire

13 5.06%
  • New Mexico

3 1.17%
  • North Dakota

1 0.39%
  • South Dakota

2 0.78%
  • Texas

40 15.56%
  • Utah

15 5.84%
  • Vermont

28 10.89%
  • Virginia

9 3.50%
  • Wyoming

21 8.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Move to the Most Gun Friendly State,What Would it Be?

If You Could Move to the Most Gun Friendly State,What Would it Be?

Forgetting weather,politics,etc.
    Things to consider:Open Carry legal,vehicle carry,area carry such as State Parks, National Forest,Wildlife Management Areas,Must Notify Officer that you're carrying and much more.
    And please remember,I'm confined to the 16 maximum limit.
    Some worthy states may be left out.

Either ID or AK.

Both are big (AK especially) and beautiful, with big mts (AK especially).
    _________

Levers, wheels, blades & sticks

Forgeting just politics- I'd stay here. (NY)

Forgeting weather- Alaska, hands down.

Liberals are ruining Colorado at a rapid pace. But all things considered, it's still very gun friendly and a wonderful place to live. I just stay as far away from the Denver-metro area as I can.

I'll probably die on my little 16 acre slice of Heaven here in the mountains.

But I've chosen Idaho as my bug-out spot if I leave.
    NRA Patron Member - Rides: '06 FLHTP Shoots: Colt Ser 70/Colt 6520 Carries: Colt Defender Drinks: Buffalo Trace Status: Still married to my ex-girlfriend

The Land of Northern Hospitality and Southern Efficiency
    Montana is more and more appealing. Problem is jobs...
    Move along move along. Nothing to see here.

For licensed and unlicensed open and concealed carry, Alaska in a heart beat. But with real life in play, I'll stay right here in Texas.

Texas? They don't even allow open carry. Seriously folks, it's Utah. We just had a noted pro-gun guy elected to president of the State Senate.

Without federal meddling, it's gonna get even better.
    NRA Life Member
    1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a
    firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for
    traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Alaska and Vermont (I believe) are the least restrictive, and both very nice.

I've lived in Alaska and only visited Vermont, but I picked the latter because it's a little easier to travel in and out of, and not quite as expensive to live in.
    The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!

I picked Utah. Since finding out about the ridiculous ban on guns at most Universities, I've wanted to attend school there.

New Hampshire, without a doubt. Best place I ever lived, and I am from Georgia. Yankee states usually don't count with me.
    Deo Vindice
    Alba Gu Brath

I just took my first bike trip through southern Utah in late Sep. Beautiful, beautiful country.

Just don't expect to have a cool one waitin' in some of the small towns you stop in. But your gun's OK!
    NRA Patron Member - Rides: '06 FLHTP Shoots: Colt Ser 70/Colt 6520 Carries: Colt Defender Drinks: Buffalo Trace Status: Still married to my ex-girlfriend

I voted Idaho. Utah and Wyoming would have been equally good.

For Alaska, your 2nd Amendment freedoms are the very best so long as you're within the mainland of the state. You cannot drive to Alaska without going through Canada, which will strip away about 99.8% of the RKBA-related things that you could have legally done staying within the U.S. If you fly there instead, you have the nightmare of airline travel and TSA issues that now exist. There's also the issue of marine transport - if you want to voyage between the mainland and either the panhandle or the islands, you have ferries or boats to worry about, and that complicates things too. And since mail-order goods to AK get at least one air leg, you are more limited in what you can mail order than you are in the lower 48.

I'll stick with Virginia.
    We've got it pretty good right now
    AND
    We've got some very active (and even more importantly EFFECTIVE) grass roots groups that are improving things at a fairly steady pace.

Now if we could just get "restaurant carry" unscrewed.
    "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on"

Already did

<<<<<<<<<
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

Just don't expect to have a cool one waitin' in some of the small towns you stop in.
    There isn't a small town in the state without a grocery store or a gas station that will sell you beer. What are you talking about?
    NRA Life Member
    1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a
    firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for
    traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Why is Colorado not on your list? I already live there, so I suppose it doesn't matter.
    The uneducated and the misinformed are easily led astray. -- John Mellencamp

I remember when Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms was a shopping list and not a government agency.

You know, it's funny, Louisiana never makes the list. Yet, we're one of the most gun-friendly states in the Union. We're an open-carry state with very strong RKBA attitudes and protections, yet we're never in one of those lists.

After the last election New Hampshire may change rapidly. Sen. Shea-Porter has pleaged her undying love for Nacy Pelosi and all the other politians are Dems.

What about Missouri (away from St. Louis and KC). Open carry is legal and we have a great concealed carry law. No CCW required for concealed loaded handguns in vehicles and loaded long guns may be carried in vehicles as long as they are in view. Hunting is great - I shot three deer on Saturday (one buck and two does) and can kill as many does as I want for $7 each. Turkey hunting is as good as it comes, and small game/varmints aren't bad either. Not a bad place to live. I believe we even get a 'F' rating from the Brady Bunch - as good a recommendation as you can get.

There isn't a small town in the state without a grocery store or a gas station that will sell you beer. What are you talking about?
    Sorry, Rugerlvr, have to disagree. We stopped in a little town (Hatch, UT, I think) after riding all day. Had a motel and gas station/convenience store inside the city limits. I asked the clerk if there was anywhere to get a cold beer. He laughed and said, "Not in this town. It's dry around here." Having a few in the bag on my bike...not cold, of course...I asked if he had an ice machine and a bucket! He laughed and said, "Sure do." Then he directed us to a little restaurant just outside of town that served alcohol.

Maybe he was wrong or just messin' with us, but he told us the town was dry. Didn't see any beer in the cooler next morning at the gas station/convenience store when I stopped to gas up, either.

Voted Alaska. I'd already be there if it weren't for my wife. I do take at least one trip a year there for the camping and fishing.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Shoot, I wish I reread, I'd have voted Alaska instead of my current state.

Oops.
    יזכר לא עד פעם (Remember. Never Again.)

Why is Colorado not on your list? I already live there, so I suppose it doesn't matter.
    Sorry.It would have been if there was a 20 choice limit along with probably Louisiana,Mississippi,Missouri or West Virginia.
    Hopefully the number of choices can be expanded for polls in the near future.

MN has some pretty decent gun laws, especially when it comes to carrying. A permit is required, but other than that, the laws were well written.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. - Barry Goldwater

We must destroy and rid ourselves of the "Nanny State" mentality.- BigRobT

Look very carefully as well at places that are restricted from carry before you go voting for what appears to be a gun-liberal state like, say, VT. Yes, you can buy a handgun and carry it openly or concealed without a permit... but there are so many places you can't take it! Also, you can't have a suppressor, or brass knuckles, and several other nonsensical things.
    "[The 2nd Amendment's] free exercise is the antithesis of serfdom and the only meaningful form of holocaust insurance known to man." -- Gus Cotey, Jr.
    NRA, SAF, and JPFO Life Member. USCCA annual member.
    Public Relations Coordinator, Connecticut Citizens Defense League, Inc.