Thread: 4th season Elk (NO success) so here are the scenery pix. with Moose (56k warning)

4th season Elk (NO success) so here are the scenery pix. with Moose (56k warning)

All we saw were Moose....

Proof Elk exist and aren't imaginary

Digging to eat

Drive in

Nice pictures! Where were you hunting? (state, area)
    Madrid

"Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody."
    -- from the film Pete Kelly's Blues

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Colorado north of Kremmling unit 18 4th season.

Nice pictures. Thank you!

Did you only have an elk tag and not a moose one?

Moose taste good too! ; . )

Catherine
    Closed Account

Wow, those are some great pictures. What's the barrel length on the rifle in that last picture?
    >>It's pronounced "The Kiwi"<<
    Closed for thread veer, insults, wallowing in the bar-ditch beside the Low Road, and attempted homicide of a Moderator by way of coronary aneurysm. -- LawDog

Did you have to wear welder's goggles when you set that beast off? Does the manual tell you to scream "fire in the hole!" when you pull the trigger? Does the Forest Service you tell you to keep that thing out of the woods on hot, dry days? Do you still have eyebrows? Can it fire grape shot? I could go on . . .
    -Shear_Stress

Not mine......
    Ruger No1 chambered in 7mm RUM with a 34-35 inch barrel I think (crazy muzzle velocity and it is still moving way down range). He is a machinist and turned and profiled the rifled blank himself. A little long for my taste but what can a youngster like me say to a 66 year old. I think he said he has it zeroed for 400 yards.

The barrel is certainly too long for a bolt action but since it is on a Ruger No 1 it still works for him since the action is shorter..... Whatever makes him happy.
    Last edited by USMC88-93; November 18th, 2008 at 11:20 PM.