Thread: Gun Dreams

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas

Gun Dreams

Howdy, folks.
    My CCW is a FEG PA-63 with 7+1 of S&B 95 grain FMJ. I can put every shot where I want it. I was out of town when I had that dream and since I just finished a move, I can't find my other 5 magazines (I normally carry a spare with me). The other night I had a dream that some neo-nazis had tried to attack my family and me. There were 3 of them. The 1st 2 went down with 1 shot. I put 6 into the 3rd. He just wouldn't go down. I woke up before he got to me. I trust my life with that gun but I think I might need something of a higher capacity.
    I had another dream a while ago that my dog had gotten sick and I had to put her down. I had put 15 into her brain box and she didn't even realize I had shot her. I love my Bonnie-B and woke up crying about it.
    A third I remember is the dream that I had been made. In the dream, I was carrying and someone made me, called the cops and I was arrested because of a city ordnance banning CCW.
    What gun dreams have you had?
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

What gun dreams have you had?
    Suddenly realizing that I'm blatantly open carrying inside a school or courthouse

I guess that's my version of dreaming about being naked out in public

I've had a couple of "confrontation" dreams, but I usually wake up at the instant I pull the trigger.
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

I have also had dreams where I've had to shoot someone and they were unaffected by it even after multiple shots. I think it's probably a fairly common fear in the subconscious of us shooters (if you even believe in the subconscious mind, which not everyone does.)
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ПOНК РОК ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I've had that same dream before, where accurate hits had no effect. I've also had dreams of a trigger pull so long, heavy, and gritty I couldn't pull it to save my life. Along the same line, a couple of times I've dreamed about not being able to reach the gas pedal on my car, or not being able to depress it, when I desperately needed to avoid a collision.

I think it falls under something like performance anxiety. I think us males are a bit insecure in some ways, thinking we won't be able to do what needs to be done. Best advice - practice.
    Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. Second Timothy 2:3

http://gutschurch.com

I dreamed about buying an M1 Garand, then another, then an M1 Carbine, then an AR.

Lucky me, all my dreams came true.

I have had 2 recently. The first, I had the BG in my sights but couldnt muster the strength to pull the trigger, it was just too hard. I even tried with both hands.
    The second, I shot a tiger and it didnt die so i went to chamber another round but the shells were in the magazine backwards. I ran to the house and managed to get inside before the tiger got me.
    "No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause."
    Theodore Roosevelt