Thread: Profiteering Manufacturers

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas

Profiteering Manufacturers

Howdy, folks.
    I've seen a bunch of threads about gunshop price goging since President-Elect Obama has received the election. Does anyone have any solid proof of any manufacturer playing us all to get more money?
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

Manufacturers? That's iffy. Wholesalers, importers, and shops? Quite likely. I don't have any such proof, but as far as I am aware, manufacturers have not sufficiently responded since the election to indicate whether their MSRP has gone up.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

What HAS shot thru the ceiling is DEMAND! When demand goes up and the supply does not change appreciatively then the price will rise. Economics 101.
    Charter member PWU (Pud Whackers Unanimous!)

CTD is the best example.
    Sic semper tyrannis

normal for Capitalist system..
    Visit my new website. Now offering Detachable Magazine Bottom metal for FN-SPR rifles.

www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com

Classicarms prices have gone up and they even have a story explaining why. I'm not sure how true it is, but demand sure has increased and people are willing to pay it.

Hold supply fixed, increase demand, prices will rise. It's basic economics. When the supply exceeds the demand, prices will drop.

Ain't capitalism grand?

I am going to help you guys out, by myself not giving in to those high prices.
    Therefore I am not contributing to an increase of product demand, which should make it less expensive for those who are.

I'm glad I bought what I did, when I did. Six months later, the price is $600 higher (+33%).

Bloody hell! Now I have to pay more for additional insurance!

You people are just going to have to STOP purchasing black rifles!
    If the sun's up, you still have a pulse and background radiation levels are nominal -- everything else is gravy! ChAir Force Specialty Code 1825K // My oath to "defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" has no DOS. . . .