Thread: C&r ffl

C&r ffl

Anybody here have one? I've been thinking about applying; there used to be some good deals to be had, but they seem to be getting thin now.

Any reason to be worried the license cost will jump soon?

Any reason to worry about being "on the radar" with ATF and chief local LEO?

I've had one for almost 3 years.It's a great bargain,3 years for $30.00.
    I doubt there will be any price increase in the near future.
    No worries about the ATF or local CLEO for me and several others I know that have the C and R.
    Here's a great source of information, telling you how to go about getting the license:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...fl03/index.asp

I got mine, a few weeks ago, and saved the entire cost on one purchase at Midway. I can't see any reason to not have your C&R FFL. You save money on things you buy (just like Costco!), and the BATFE already has your name on their list, anyway. When you receive an FFL, you're on the list of pre-screened good guys. The license is $30 for three years, so, if you get it, now, and the price goes up, you've still got three years to decide if you want to bother with it, again.

had mine 10 years,save way more than the cost of it on "stuff" from,Brownells,Grafs,Midway,ect.not to mention paying $70 for a rifle that cost $229 at the gun shows. jwr

I submitted a request for the form on the ATF website about three weeks ago, and haven't gotten it yet. I'm wondering if I should call, or resubmit electronically.
    NRA Life Member
    1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a
    firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for
    traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Had mine for about 6 months. First thing I did when I got that license was go to AIMsurplus and order 2 M44's. An FFL transfer is $25 here. If I didn't have a C&R the transfers would have cost me $50. Since I could get the rifles shipped to my door, the only cost was the $30 for the C&R. Saved me $20 right there. I've ordered several other rifles since then. Some I've kept, and some I've sold. But in the end, I can say that it's saved me a TON of money. It's also nice to know that I can order stuff and have it sent to me. A lot less hassle that having to order to my dealer, wait for him to get it, and then go buy it from him.
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

Rugerlvr. that may be due to a higher number of requests right now. I think as part of the Obama panic, people are putting in more C&R applications.

From the date that I mailed my application out, to the date that I received the license was 16 days if I remember correctly.
    Member:
    NRA
    JPFO

I had one for 9 years but just let it lapse. The days of the cheap plentiful imports ($100 EG Maks, unissued LE No4s, etc, seem to be gone forever). I decided not to renew. It was great for awhile.

Best 30 dollars I ever spent, took me 3 wks and I had it. I had no intention of using it for buy guns, I got it for the discounts at midway, Brownell's etc. I was doing business with them any way why not save a few dollars to boot. Made my 30 dollars on my first order at Midway.

I am saving so much money I am bankrupt.

If you are a milsupr freak like me, make no mistake: IT IS A LICENSE TO SPEND MONEY!
    ----
    Rick
    Repeal the 17th Amendment, letís put America back to the Republic the founding fathers intended!
    A right should restrict the government, not obligate it!

Got one. Never had any ATF or CLEO issues.

As for deals, well, they're kinda dependent on what is placed onto the list and what is shipped in. When the CZ-82 hit the list, they were a great deal, but the supply didn't last too terribly long. The Yugo SKS was a pretty good deal until the last year or so, again because of supplies. Mosins will continue to be a deal, mainly because the Russians have enough supplied to last until the sun turns into a red giant.
    The family that shoots together, has interlocking fields of fire.

I've had mine for 12 or so years. I rarely use it to buy guns anymore, but it still saves me money on supplies! Never had any trouble from the ATF or local CLEO.
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."