Thread: Attempted carjacker gets shot

Attempted carjacker gets shot

[Read enough posts from gun-bigots and sooner or later someone is going to pop up with the statement, "A gun won't do you anygood if someone is already pointing his at you."]

EDINBURG -- The clerk warned Alejandro Salinas about the suspicious men who had been hanging out in front of the convenience store for the past hour.

He told Salinas to be careful as he went back out to his Chevrolet Z-71 pickup truck, that he had just filled at the Aziz Convenience Store about 11 a.m. Saturday.

Salinas walked out to his truck and hopped in.

But before he could close the door, 18-year-old Hector Severo Ramos was holding a .25-caliber pistol at Salinas' neck, said Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño.

"He says ‘Get out of the truck. I'm going to take it and I'm going to kill you," Treviño said of Ramos.

Salinas told the gunman to calm down; they could work things out.

Then he pushed Ramos' pistol away, pulled out his own pistol and fired two 9 mm bullets into Ramos' chest.

Ramos fired once into the air and his arms fell onto Salinas.

The two men tumbled to the pavement as blood spilled from Ramos' chest.

Three men who were with Ramos took off from the convenience store at Texas Highway 107 and Alamo Road in a brown Chevrolet Impala, deputies said.

Sheriff's deputies responded to the scene and emergency crews rushed Ramos to McAllen Medical Center, where he died upon arrival.

Salinas had a license to carry a concealed firearm and a clean criminal record, Treviño said.

Ramos, a U.S. citizen who lived in South Alamo, had been arrested for giving a false report to a police officer, aggravated robbery, theft and engaging in organized criminal activity, Treviño said.

Ramos may have been involved with a local gang or attempting to start a new one, Treviño said.

Deputies continue to look for the three men who were with Ramos before he was shot. They could face murder and aggravated robbery charges, Treviño said.

"If they fled knowing (Ramos) was dying at the scene and they were all responsible for the commission of this felony, then they could be held liable for that," Treviño said.

Meanwhile, the sheriff said he would likely not pursue criminal charges against Salinas, who told deputies he killed Ramos in self-defense.

"This is not a murder," Treviño said. "This is a justifiable homicide."

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/s...carjacker.html

Stay calm, look for your chance, and take it!! BG already said he would kill. Got nothing to lose!!!

Score another for the Good Guys!!!!

Oneshooter
    Livin in Texas

Ya gotta love those Texas self defence laws!
    'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem' --
    - Ronald Reagan-

I just love happy endings
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

Sheriff's deputies responded to the scene and emergency crews rushed Ramos to McAllen Medical Center, where he died upon arrival.
    Should have made him walk.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

I'm wondering how he was carrying, and did he have to lift his shirt? was he standing? Did he already have his hand on his gun when he pushed the guys gun away?....I like to have as many details about such real world encounters as possible. That being said, WOOT! I'd have liked to see the other weasels running away. I would have made a steady walk toward them, gun at side, if they didn't run.
    “When you understand the nature of a thing, you know what it is capable of.”
    -Miyamoto Musashi

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

Salinas had a license to carry a concealed firearm and a clean criminal record, Treviño said.
    They always have to put that in there to justify their carrying a firearm for protection.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) the free; and (2) food animals.

-Aristodemus

Why hadn't clerk called police about the people hanging around . If they worried him enough to warned a customer He should have already called the Police.
    As for the shooting he did a good job .
    Colt LTW Commander, Colt Defender, , Colt Mustang DW bobtail,1973 S&W Mod 49 ,PPK/S,Bersa 380

You must learn to be.....Slow in a Hurry Wyatt Earp 1849-1929

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL T
    Why hadn't clerk called police about the people hanging around . If they worried him enough to warned a customer He should have already called the Police.
    I'll tell you what, if I warned a customer about a someone hanging around for an hour, I'd be pretty scared myself. The cash is all in the register. If the police weren't there yet, I'd stand at the door with a shotgun while my customers left...

Good guy won using good gun control.
    ...mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent...

While I prefer .45acp, this proves a 9mm did the job just fine.

I hope more BG's think about their line of work and go find a real job.

thank God for a happy ending!
    NRA life member, Support Our Troops,
    Pointman Ministries Member
    MMCDC Member

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    All about mind set. The man didn't want to be a victim, refused to be a victim and he wasn't a victim. Bad guys hate when that happens.
    1934 – National Firearms Act, 1968 – The Gun Control Act, 1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 – Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 – Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

I'm just glad he had been warned and was obviously ready.

That was a scary predicament!
    To all gun/shooting enthusiasts :
    "Support the ENTIRE Bill of Rights, not just the 2nd Amendment, every chance you get. If one amendment gets trounced on then the others will soon follow.

The gas station is pretty much at the corner where three police jurisdictions come together. It's also in the middle of nowhere. Hard to get a patrol car to come there unless something's actually going down.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect."
    -- Steven Wright