Thread: Frugal light accessories for WASR

Frugal light accessories for WASR

Howdy,
    With all the options and weaver and picatinny, I have become lost and request guidance from the knowledgeable members. What would be the least expensive way to mount a Nitrolon G2 flashlight to a WASR. I would request that it be sturdy and not a junk setup. Maybe an impossible request. Be specific if possible about the parts required. Thanks for any help.
    rhtwist

Small piece of polymer rail and two wood screws- 10-15
    Viking tactics light mount 20-25

Attach rail to wood. Attach light and mount to rail.

Thanks for the reply dojpros1998. Is there any place to get less expensive rail, that you know of? The Viking site wants $24 for a two inch one hole piece?
    Have you used this system? The reason I ask is that the lower handguard on my WASR gets quite hot? Thanks for you help.
    rhtwist

Brownells or Midway should have a piece of rail for less. I have to run the set up on my AK, but I have a similar set up on my Mossberg 590 shotgun (piece of rail screwed to foregrip, m3 style light attached.)

Re the heat, I run both an ak and and ar with gloves on exclusively. heat is not an issue for me. Given the "edges" on your WASR, just start shooting it with gloves on. if you do not, I guarantee you will shed blood and get burned. The standard nomex flight glove is a good first rifle shooting glove.

Gloves sound like a good idea. 120 rounds thru mine and there was so much smoke and heat I couldn't hold it let alone see very well. It was an indoor range. I'll check out those suppliers, thank you for your help.
    rhtwist