Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell the GOP what you think

Tell the GOP what you think

Go to this website and tell them: http://www.republicanforareason.com/intro.aspx

I suggest for starters you tell them you give their website an "F." It isn't a forum like this one, where people can discuss and comment on each other's posts, it's merely an electronic suggestion box -- and you know how those work.

See if they'll respond and give us a real debate forum -- and bring in the leaders of the party to debate with the rest of us.

Nope.
    The first thing they can do is suffer even just a teensy bit of political irrelevance.

They had the luxury of someone infiltrating their debates and screaming at full volume what the problem is for an entire year. Now they want me to give them page hits when all they need to do is review their primary tapes?

We've led the horse to water, started an IV, and we've been through a dozen saline bags at this point. Either he's going to drink, or he's going to die.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul!

What a load of crap the NEW Republican Party (yeah right)....but I better stay out of these type of discussions, my passion for the Libertarian Republic that we once were gets threads locked or removed ( I apologize to all the mods and Oleg). they want to know what makes YOU feel good as a Republican. Maybe they should ask for help in understanding why at least 4% of Republican did not vote for them. I do say, they have learned manipulation well from the other side. Enough said, I promise to ignore this thread now and be a good boy.

Guys, whatever you think of the Republican party, they are not mind-readers. Some of you have said things that need to be said, but you have to say it to them, not to us.

Went there ...

Register for an account ... yeah right, just what I need more "give us money" bleets. No thanks! They are not interested in my opinion they just want a way to try and root out some money.
    The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!

My opinion is that the Reps and Dems are the same with the Dems farther to the left.
    They know their problems they just don't want to hear about them!
    I will not vote for a person because of which political party they belong to but how their views and mine align.
    Have a nice day!

Which is why it's important to give them your views. If they ask for money, refuse -- we all know how to say "No."

H.R. 6257: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 was introduced and cosponsored by Republicans. There's not a Democrat on it. What does that tell you?
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

I agree that if you don't let people know where you stand then they have to guess. I am a conservative first, Republican second. No matter the party of my representative, I make sure they know via phone calls and letters.

The party has fallen off the track, but they will come back if we let them know where the path is.

Just my 2 cents.

Just registered. As soon as my account is activated, I will share my concerns.

As a previous poster stated, I am a Conservative first, a Republican second. I will make that apparent in my communications with them.

Administrator   
    I was a GOP activist for quite a few years at both the local and state levels. I can honestly tell you that they really don't care what you think. The sole purpose of this web site is to harvest names, addresses, and telephone numbers of people to contact in the future for donations.
    EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - PALS Gear for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank

I am pretty sure they think that this new website will help them grab some of the Internet buzz the democrats had this time around. What they have completely failed to understand is the buzz worked largely because it was independent of the DNC.

Trying to control the diretcion the party takes with this kind of thing is just going to fail miserably.
    bob
    Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
    http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

But if we don't tell them what we think, we can hardly complain when they go in a different direction, now can we?

But if we don't tell them what we think, we can hardly complain when they go in a different direction, now can we?
    The answer to that question is a qualifed "yes".

The website is not the way to tell them. It is a scam to get names and contact information so they can beg for money.

If I had to guess, it is probably never read by anyone of importance at the RNC.

The best way to influence the party is to start by talking to local GOP officials, office holders, and candidates. Blathering on the Internet is not going to cut it.
    bob
    Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
    http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

Well, I registered yesterday, and have yet to receive log-in info...

What a collection of blather. The Republican Party would be well served by leaders who recognize that the Constitution is the guiding document for the United States and the Religious Right is neither. I have had enough of the self-righteous crap and fiscal profligacy of the Republican party.

Rinos and neo con artists do not equal conservatives or Constitution backers!

We can tell them what we want, any party, but that does not mean that they will listen to us - we the people. Think of the AW Bans and recent bail outs/sell outs as only two examples... sigh.

If we would throw more or ALL of the BUMS out of office (Both parties!) when they deliberately use the taxpayers for a door mat, lie to us, stab us in the back, steal from us and do all kinds of nasty things to us in GUN and freedom issues... we might get somewhere.

Alas! There are too many people who don't think OUTSIDE of the BOX when it comes to BOTH parties... pro gun and pro freedom issues.

They think that an R or a D means something behind a name. Ha!

By the way, the GOP is interested in M. Steele - another anti gun man in many ways. When will they ever learn, when will they ever LEARN? As the old song goes.

http://www.ar15.com/

http://www.lonelyconservative.com/20...chair-the-rnc/

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/...un_Control.htm

Michael Steele on Gun Control

No ban on guns; focus on enforcement instead
    Q: Your views on gun control?

A: My views are pretty much in line with the governor's. I grew up under some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. You can have all the gun control laws in the country, but if you don't enforce them, people are going to find a way to protect themselves. We need to recognize that bad people are doing bad things with these weapons. It's not the law-abiding citizens, it's not the person who uses it as a hobby.

Q: Should people have access to buy assault weapons?

A: Society should draw lines. What do you need an assault weapon for, if you're going hunting? That's overkill. But I don't think that means you go to a total ban for those who want to use gun for skeet shooting or hunting or things like that But what's the point of passing gun laws if we're not going to enforce them? If you want to talk about gun control, that's where you need to start. We've got 300 gun laws on the books right now. At the end of the day, it's about how we enforce the law.
    Source: Washington Post interview Oct 16, 2006

There is other updated information about him. I think that BOTH of the candidates for this position STINK. Of course, that is my not so humble opinion.

We have OVER 20,000 gun laws on the books, Mr. Steele!
    The SECOND means exactly what it says and it is not about HUNTING! It is not some fuzzy wuzzy - feel good thing about what the H an object or a tool or a GUN looks like! My brother, back east, said that M.S. was NOT a real conservative or for the Constitution as so many of them defy it, laugh at it and even call it a G.D. piece of paper = GW Bush.

Yours in liberty,

Catherine
    Don't blame me, I was for Ron Paul in 1988 too!
    Last edited by Catherine; November 21st, 2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added more.
    Closed Account

The problem is

That a two party system is a failed one. The republicans are in the minority now until people get tired of the democrats. It's all bread and circus for the masses and until we realize that they really don't give a flying !@#% what we think but like many said just want to glean names. Margaret Thatcher had it right when she described the ratchet effect. Nation continues on a spiral to the left, with periods of pause or slight if any moves to the right. In essence though, a perpetual leftward shift. What we have, is exactly that. A FAR left group and a LESS left group. Until we can make the "don't throw your votes away" people see that Republicans and Democrats use that argument every 4 years as political blackmail, we are doomed to keep ratcheting on. The OTHER party knows that it's just a matter of time. like John McCain and Hannity and every other "Republican" mouthpiece basically said, "where you gonna go?" vote us or the most radical man ever to run. What a decision. I am Conservative first. Republican never again. I want to vote for someone not against someone. for the past 12 years thats what I've done, vote AGAINST someone.
    What I'd like to see is The Conservative Party. I would like to see a platform that members have to live by or they can join another party. This infiltration of liberals into Republican politics is whats wrong. I said it when the primary season started, "these are a bunch of 10-20 years ago democrats now running for republican". The exception was Ron Paul. Whatever you want to say about the man, I saw the founding fathers' words in what the man said. No foreign entanglements, no fiat money (what he was saying about the economy seems kinda prophetic now doesn't it folks?)

what we keep seeing is republicans get in office based on what they say and getting kicked out on what they do. Every time they blather away on "we've lost our way" or "the public wanted this and we did this and we've learned our lesson come back and talk to us and we'll do better I promise" B>S> You did what you intended to, you just paid us lip service. No thank you sir. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me 18 times REALLY shame on us all.

A retarded monkey could have won this election from the Republicans. So now retrospect and telling them what they did wrong is really just giving them more info on what line of BS to give us next time around and what promises to break once elected.

I wonder how many people in this country decided that the cause is lost and instead of trying to save what is left of a dying republic, they just pulled the feeding tube out and are going to let it go ahead and die (by voting for one that will make it die faster). Maybe they decided rather than keep constantly pulling the "republic" back over the precipice, they'll give it a push on over and see what they can start over with?
    Disagree with me, sure I'm sure you may, but these are just some random thoughts of someone who is looking much deeper than two factions of similar goals.

The Repubs. with the likes of G.W. Bush and his gang along with Delay and a host of other clowns in Congress have screwed the pooch. They paid lip service to many of causes like fiscal disipline and the 2A, but that's all it was. I've always been amazed that the religious right didn't see through the BS sooner. Now it looks like they got thier just desserts. It may be a long time before they gain Congress and/or the Whitehouse back. And we can thank the current Republican leadership for that.

I wouldn't expect much change from them in the next election cycle. I'd expect them to start chasing the black vote, convinced that was the cause of their demise. Maybe also a return to courting the religious right. Or perhaps they may start chasing the religious left, chasing the Dems. to the left.

If you don't tell them what you think, how can you expect them to know what you think?

Remember, this is our government. But too many of us will not participate, will not use our influence, will not work to make things beter.

I'm a bit more direct Vern.
    I walked into the county party headquarters and showed the chairman my old registration card, then took the scissors from his desk and cut it into 5-6 pieces, dropped it in the trash and 'splained why. Showed him my new card that did not say "R" and walked out.

That is what I recommend that folks do. Doing it on the E suggestion box is a waste of time and does not "communicate effectively". My why there is no doubt in their mind. So get personal folks, it works MUCH BETTER

Sam
    I won't be back till Oleg owns his board again.

And you accomplished, what?

Do you like Barak Obama? Do you want a 150% tax on ammo, gun registration, and a federal ban on state "shall issue" laws?

sometimes you have to give people what they think they want

When they get what they want they see then... oh this isn't what I thought it was. Well we got BO and boy does it stink. It's time to let these morons see how much of their gastanks and mortgages Obama is really worth: since hope and "Change comes from him alone". After that quote, the other day, I almost expected him to lead into "no one comes to the Father but by Me"... LMAO
    The Republicans? I've written, I've chided, and I've even begged. It's gotten me nowhere. With some republicans it's gotten their ire up and directed at me. Lindsey Graham is a perfect example of one that is so comfortable in his seat that he dares you to go anywhere else and talks to his constituents in that manner. God knows I tried to get buddy Witherspoon in there instead of Grahamnesty! Joe Wilson, I like him, but he is just not listening. The bailout email I sent to him derided the money giveaway and I proposed a commonsense approach to the bailout that a great number of his constituents proposed, and we got the usual canned response. I'm through. I think a third party is the only way to redirect the party effectively. You need an alternative. When Ross Perot pulled Republicans from the ranks... THEN and only THEN did they say uh oh and they swung back. When the party has the equivalent of political blackmail over you and they start saying "where else you gonna go?" it's time you showed them.
    Vern I agree with communication with your reps and trying to change things within but when it fails... and it has... You need to show them you are willing to go and you are willing to tell them where to go too. None of these candidates, this time, were conservative in my eyes. They all looked like Blue Dog Democrats, except Ron Paul. I and many others supported Ron, and the talking heads did everything they could to marginalize him, even the Republican mouthpieces. I called radio shows and I was accused of being a seminar caller and anything else to deligitimize my voice as a real every day American. In other words, my voice was effectively silenced, with me labeled as a goon in my underwear calling from my mom's basement. So no, the party DOESN'T want to hear because I have tried. Trying, again and again, the same thing expecting a different result? We all know the definition of the word that represents. I hear you, and I appreciate your position, but beating my noggin against that wall is getting me nowhere and bruised.

Have you worked? Have you joined your local county committee? Have you volunteered to take a position on the committee?

You can be one of the decision makers at the local level, and in time become a player at higher levels -- but it takes work.

Tell the GOP what you think.

An excellent idea. Don't do it online, do it by attending your local REC meetings every month. Join your local REC, easy enough usually. Lend a hand for local candidates, state and US reps and senators who are truly conservative and honor the Constitution. Be BUSY when all the other candidates need help. With your assistance it's the more conservative candidates that will be successful. I'm liking Steele less and less all the time.

Deaconkharma said "A retarded monkey could have won this election from the Republicans." Which is entirely true. All McCain had to do, even in the last couple of weeks was to meet with the Libertarian and Constitution Party candidates and offer to make part of his platform a measure to grant 3rd party candidates AUTOMATIC ballot access in any state in which 1% of the registered voters register for their party, or 8% register Independent/NPA and give them access to the same public campaign funds the major parties get. All in exchange for their endorsement in THIS election. He'd have picked up AT LEAST 8%, more in some states. 3rd parties would have had a better shot in all future elections, something they'll never get otherwise.

John

Join the John Birch Society. Go to a meeting. Start a chapter.
    Join the REC. Get them back on course.
    The Constitution is revolutionary! Join the cause!