Thread: Another gun ban bites the dust...

Another gun ban bites the dust...

Winnetka, Illinois has revoked it's 20 year handgun ban. Read it here.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...lrA9ZOTA1PAwMD
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.

With the Winnetka ruling, handguns in homes will now be permitted for the first time in 20 years, but firing guns and gun sales will still be prohibited.
    "Firing" involves an active use, not keeping and bearing. It seems that a blanket prohibition on sales (not just a "regulation" on time, place and manner on commercial activity) would not pass Constitutional muster.

Moved from Activism to GGD so more will see. (Activism forum is specifically for a proposed call to action.)
    Send lawyers, guns, and money . . .

You'd better hope a chambered round scares off an intruder - you're in trouble if you fire it.

I prefer having it,

and not needing it than needing it and not having it. Ask Hale DeMar.
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.

Despite pleas from residents gathered at a town hall meeting Tuesday night, Winnetka officals voted to repeal a 20-year ban on handguns.
    Better wording..........

"Despite the bleating of the sheeple gathered at a town hall meeting.........."
    Freedom ain't free...........

Worth printing out.One tiny step at a time.

Winnetka Votes For Right to Bear Arms Chicago suburb reversed its 20-year-old weapons ordinance

By Matt Bartosik

Updated 10:20 AM CST, Wed, Nov 19, 2008

"Winnetka is a better community because of the handgun ban," Village President Ed Woodbury had said prior to Tuesday's vote.

Despite pleas from residents gathered at a town hall meeting Tuesday night, Winnetka officials voted to repeal a 20-year ban on handguns.

A Supreme Court ruling in June declared that the Second Amendment guarantees the right of individual Americans to keep and bear arms.

In September, three Winnetka residents and the National Rifle Association sued the village, stating that the local ban violated their rights protected by the Constitution.

The plaintiffs claimed they were "subjected to irreparable harm in that they were unable to obtain handguns and ammunition to protect themselves in their homes ... subjecting them to endangerment from criminal intruders."

The Village Board referenced both the high court ruling and the lawsuit in making it's decision Tuesday night. Council members said they feared if they didn't repeal the ordinance it would cost the suburb thousands of dollars to fight the suit with the real risk of still losing in court.

With the Winnetka ruling, handguns in homes will now be permitted for the first time in 20 years, but firing guns and gun sales will still be prohibited.

The Village Council called a meeting in October to address the issue. A number of residents spoke up passionately, arguing to keep the ban.

"Winnetka is a better community because of the handgun ban," Village President Ed Woodbury said prior to Tuesday's vote, according to WinnetkaTalk. "The choice in front of us is nothing short of terrible."

Winnetka's handgun ban, and others like it, has been closely examined since the Supreme Court ruling.

Other Chicago suburbs that have taken steps to reverse their local handgun bans are Wilmette, Evanston, Morton Grove and Oak Park.

Winnetka is a better community because of the handgun ban," Village President Ed Woodbury said prior to Tuesday's vote, according to WinnetkaTalk. "The choice in front of us is nothing short of terrible."
    Villiage President? Why does that sound like the president of the neighborhood "home-owners association". You know, the people that tell you not to cut your lawn a certain way or paint your mailbox purple, or else.

I'm starting to wonder if common sense is actually breaking out but some people can't find enough to see it happening.
    The worst things happen at the most critical times, and it's these moments that YOU need to be flawless, not the gun.

Years of Communist oppression have made the Mosin Nagant impervious to physical damage.

"Winnetka is a better community because of the ban on negroes," Village President Ed Woodbury said prior to Tuesday's vote, according to WinnetkaTalk. "The choice in front of us is nothing short of terrible."
    There, now how would that sound ...?
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

"Winnetka is a better community because of the handgun ban," Village President Ed Woodbury said
    This villiage knows exactly where it's idiot is.
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

"Winnetka is a better community because of the handgun ban," Village President Ed Woodbury had said prior to Tuesday's vote.
    Oh, yeah? Did it disarm its cops, too?
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

Illinois should rename the top post to village CZAR. Seems like he thinks that he has that kind of power. (The Idiot.)
    To all gun/shooting enthusiasts :
    "Support the ENTIRE Bill of Rights, not just the 2nd Amendment, every chance you get. If one amendment gets trounced on then the others will soon follow.