Thread: Firing ranges near Akron Ohio

Firing ranges near Akron Ohio

I'm visiting my parents soon in Akron, Ohio and wondered if anyone would recommend a range nearby. I'd like to take my dad out for some trigger time.
    Thanks.

There is a pretty good indoor range in Canal Fulton although I can't remember the name at the moment. The shooting range situation in NE is somewhat bleak. Most people have to use private land or be in a club to use the clubs range.

FFMedic

Try this link ... I think it will help quickly answer your question:

http://www.google.com/search?q=akron...ient=firefox-a

The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!

There is a pretty good indoor range in Canal Fulton
    Midwest Gun Club www.midwestgunclub.com

Nice place. Clean, good selection of rental guns, smart staff. IDPA/USPSA on Saturdays, 7pm. Closed Monday. They usually have plenty of cheap ammo, and don't care if you use reasonable reloads. No rifles, though you might call and ask about 22's.

"The Marksman" on Barber Rd is closer to Akron, but a small place. Midwest is better, IMHO.
    The worst things happen at the most critical times, and it's these moments that YOU need to be flawless, not the gun.

Years of Communist oppression have made the Mosin Nagant impervious to physical damage.

Thanks FieroCDSP and FFMedic, I will look to take him to Midwest. I looked at there website and it appears to be an indoor range. I'm wondering how they do IPSC. I'd love to shoot a match while visiting the parents but can't image shooting one indoors. Have either of you ever shot IPSC there?

Contenderman, thanks for the effort but I've seen the google list. I was looking for a recommendation.

Have either of you ever shot IPSC there?
    Every now and then. My work schedule sucks and I often work saturdays.

They have about 50 feet or so back and ten lanes wide. There's a lot of room, and they put up sheets, etc to make rooms to go in, windows... It's not perfect, but the shootings fast and competition fun. Below is a pict from one night, showing the start of the stage. There was another room to the right.

The worst things happen at the most critical times, and it's these moments that YOU need to be flawless, not the gun.

Years of Communist oppression have made the Mosin Nagant impervious to physical damage.

Oh that's very cool. I'm spoiled to be able to shoot six matches per month year round. I've never shot IPSC indoors and I'm jazzed to have a match lined up while visiting the parents.

Thanks for the rec!

+1 For Midwest Gun Club, in Canal Fulton.
    Thats where I shoot. Clean, Great staff, Great ventilation system.
    " When Governments fear people, there is Liberty. When People fear the Government, there is Tyranny."
    www.sendoutcards.com