Thread: Armored Car Employment

Armored Car Employment

Can't think where else to post this. I have an interview with a messenger service that uses armored vehicles. What are the policies regarding weapons in the companies you work for and do you ignore those policies by carrying your own BUG? Was also wondering if the new economic woes were having any detrimental effects on your job. I am weighing between a courier job and a corrections job, I relish neither but it's time to find a real job again and all I really know is LE. Any help appreciated.

Administrator   
    I worked for two armored trucking firms years ago. Wells Fargo was VERY strict, thier issued .38 Spl ONLY, with 158 gr LRN ammo, ONLY. halfway through, I started swapping ammo out the bay door to 110gr Hydrashocks, and shen I left, my partner and I just switched complete carry rigs to autos when we left. Was this smart? Well, I would have been fired if I'd used either, but I believe a better chance of surviving.
    On the other hand, AT Systems, (Armored Transport when I started, now Garda), had a simple policy - either use our issued Smith 686 with 125gr SJHP ammo, orcarry whatever you want in at least 38Spl caliber, but under 44Mag. I carried my Witness 40 with two spare mags there for years, before I left. FUN job, but loong hard working hours, (vault nights BITE, vault night on a holiday weekend are bad, during Thanksgiving/Christmas, GAH!), and shall we say, a "hostile working environment"? I did it for 8.5 years, (hence the screen name ), and loved it, politics forced me out.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

If you are going to work in a job that has firearms policies, I would suggest that you closely follow what is or is not allowed. Failing to do so can adversely affect your present and future job marketability.
    Vae Victis

I would suggest that you closely follow what is or is not allowed.
    Thats the best advice you will probably get. But if you do decide otherwise, dont ask, dont tell.

Whatever decision you make I think you would be well served by reminding yourself that at some point you will have to answer this question.

"So, can you tell me why you left your last job?"

Choice is yours
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

I hate jobs with "poitics" especially when lives are on the line.

If an ambulance driven by guys wearing hockey masks pulls out in front of you, don't stop.
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ПOНК РОК ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Administrator   
    Golden Hound, in all the armored robberies I have seen in the movies, the one in HEAT is the only one closest to what COULD happen, but 99% doesn't. Actually, about 99% of armored truck heists are inside jobs. BTW, Wells Fargo would not allow a back up, but ATS would with a valid CCW.
    If you have LE experiance, armored is going to bore the snot out of you. Get that POST certification somewhere else. You mention corrections, we use POST certified staff as investigators, starting wage is quite a bit more than your run of the mill CO. Day shift hours, weekends and holidays off, on call about one week out of three, IIRC.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

George,
    You might also want to post this question to the security officers in the forum at Security Info Watch- http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/index.php?
    Many of them have experiance in this subject.

Thanks.