Thread: New glock 27, now what?

New glock 27, now what?

Okay, so I had a few extra dollars and I went to the gun store, next thing I know I have a glock 27 in my hand, yeah the baby 40, and then all of a sudden I am signing the forms. Brought the little guy home, and wow if that little thing isn't a handful. My intention was to eventually go ahead and buy the glock 22, or get the issued glock 40 from the county I work with. But, I shot a friends' G-22 and it didn't "feel" right, so now I want to go back to what I used to shoot which was the Beretta or Sig Sauer. Now my question is, I know that with the Sig 226 you can swap barrels between the 40 and the 357 sig, can you do that with the 229 as well? Also, are the beretta elite series before the model ninety-two still available in the original 92 format?

Or is there some great upgrade that I can do for cheap to a glock 22 that will make it "feel" better?

What exactly is it that you don't like? the baby Glocks can be a handful but practice is key to being prepared for it. You can get a factory .357 sig barrel for the 27 that will drop in no problem. There are also 9mm conversion barrels that are made for the 27, but you need a 9mm magazine. Also, look into a pierce grip extension. It replaces the factory Glock floor plate and makes them more controllable.

That is pretty much exactly what I am looking for for the little 27, a magazine attached grip extension--I have tossed around some ideas for conceal carry at the house, with this gun, and it seem perfect, like you say practice is key, especially for little cannons like this.

So, even with a glock I can buy a 357 sig barrel and switch it out without a different slide?

about the glock 22, the full size, I am not sure, I cannot pin point what I did not like about shooting it, but I was checking out a 21 sf and it felt much better, haven't shot it though, maybe they should make the 22 sf?

So, even with a glock I can buy a 357 sig barrel and switch it out without a different slide?
    Correct. With the G33 barrel, or aftermarket equiv.

Check out lone wolf barrels too. They are one of the most popular after market barrel makers for Glock,

An entire line of SF versions is supposedly in the works. But who knows. I have heard that the 10mm's are next to get Short Frames. Glock has also semi-announced their 4th generation frames as well. Head over to GlockTalk.com. You will find anything you need or want to know about Glocks there.

would one of those pinky extensions for the magazine help? it'll give you more to hang on to.

Thumbs up P229/40-357

can you do that with the 229 as well? Also, are the beretta elite series before the model ninety-two still available in the original 92 format?

You bet, as all ya need is a P229 that comes with either barrel, and all ya need is to get the other barrel, slip it in, load the "same mags" with whatever caliber you choose to go with (that day) and you'll be one happy P229/40/357 owner..

FYI: any P229 9mm, stays a 9mm only, cannot convert up.. IIRC

Ls
    Last edited by Lonestar49; November 20th, 2008 at 03:25 PM.
    ~ Fate is the Hunter ~

Beretta
    SIG
    Springfield
    7 German Shepherds ~ RIP

(OO) Lost but making good time