Thread: "Gun Control" in Chechnya

"Gun Control" in Chechnya

Can native ingenuity defeat gun laws ?

This "portfolio" of homemade Chechen weapons seems to suggest it !

http://englishrussia.com/?p=965
    meangene

Interesting, but don't read the comments. It will hurt your brain. The capacity to reason in some folks is about as derelict as the firearms pictured.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Speaking on the comments at the bottom:
    Some people are morons. plain and simple.

Though this article gets posted a lot, I still find it interesting to look through.

I want that Mosin.

Betcha thats got a story or two to tell

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAG View Post
    Interesting, but don't read the comments. It will hurt your brain. The capacity to reason in some folks is about as derelict as the firearms pictured.
    why did you say that, I had to go and start reading.

All models soon to be available at your local large sporting good stores.
    i need a job. hire me.

Wow, that's some seriously wild stuff. I see a modded PTRD, M-N, DShK, a couple crappy antique revolvers, the worst hack-job AK EVAR (silenced, no less, it seems), a hand-carved copy of something or other, a SAA grip stuck onto a cut-down O/U, and a bunch of tube guns/pseudo-tube guns.

Quite a collection...
    "Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone." -Erwin Rommel
    Explanations exist: they have existed for all times, for there is always an easy solution to every problem neat, plausible and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Wow. I wish these souls lived in a different part of the world so they could put their mechanical talents to more fruitful ends.

The US "let's put a cupholder on a pic rail" arms industry could use some of that hot-blooded ingenuity and talent, methinks.
    Sow seed-but let no tyrant reap;
    Find wealth-let no impostor heap;
    Weave robes-let not the idle wear;
    Forge arms-in your defense to bear.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley, Song to the Men of England, 1819

Are those two SVD mags welded together on that "AK"? Was the receiver originally from an SVD?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ПOНК РОК ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I think this is further proof that a "government" can not successfully disarm a population that is determined to be armed.

Yes the examples are crude, ugly and probably dangerous as hell to operate, but like the Liberator pistol of WWII they can be the first step in obtaining more practical arms.
    The ONLY thing certain in life is DEATH. Live each day to its' FULLEST!

IIRC, clandestine machineshops in both Ireland and Poland were able to make submachine guns of reasonable quality in some numbers during conflicts there. Open-bolt blowback SMGs are probably the easiest firearms to make.

And these guys, along with the Afghan gun makers, probably don't even have electricity, and are making locked-breech weapons. If they had access to good quality materials and CNC lathes and mills, they would do John Moses Browning proud.

"If you want guns bad enough, you can get 'em" should be accepted as a fundamental axiom of life and governance in the 21st century.
    Sow seed-but let no tyrant reap;
    Find wealth-let no impostor heap;
    Weave robes-let not the idle wear;
    Forge arms-in your defense to bear.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley, Song to the Men of England, 1819

There were quite a few tech-9 lookalikes in the pile there. I guess some things transcend national boundaries.
    Why do I feel the need to correct almost every girl who claims she isn't pretty?

Governments are never a true inpedement to those willing to face the consequences of defiance.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994[/size]

"I think the goal is one world government - we have not only the U.N. - we have the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, then we have all the subisidiaries like NAFTA and hemispheric government highways coming in. I just hope an pray that we can wake up enough people." ~Quote from interview with Ron Paul, United States Congressman, July 2006

Looks like Hi-Point could learn a few things from them!

Hi-Point was going to put a factory there until they found out the trained monkeys didn't like the cold weather.
    No, holding that venegence upon their enemies was more to be desired than any personal blessings, and reckoning this to be the most glorious of hazards, they joyfully determined to accept the risk... Thus, choosing to die resisting, rather than to live submitting, they fled only from dishonor... Pericles' Funeral Oration

You should have seen some of the stuff that came out of the Philippines. Made the Chechen stuff look unimaginative and sloppy.

Here's an article that shows some of the more basic products:

http://www.illegaleconomy.com/firear...s_produced.php
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect."
    -- Steven Wright