Thread: Armscor M206

Armscor M206

Anyone have experience with these? They are selling in the $190 - $250 range which is a great price for a 2" 38spl with a 6 round capacity. I am very tempted.

its made in the phillipines

as thats where the armscor factories are. they produce lots of firearms and ammunition.
    the gun in question is a close copy the colt cobra, the local gun pusher had some here.
    they seemed solid enough but at 250.00 i always found used smith wesson and rugers for that price so i never bought one.

I've planned on buying one several times now...but every time I get enough cash, I think, I might as well spend an extra hundred and get an American made revolver. Or even a Taurus.

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with them, just don't expect a masterpeice. The 1911s that Armscor makes do have a good reputation. I don't know if it's true or not, but I've been told that Armscor has some of Colt's original tooling to manufacture this gun.
    "Yeah that's a real gun in that gun rack.
    No I don't have a permit for it.
    You got a permit to ask stupid questions like that?"

Just picked up an M206 today. It's not the smooth machine that Smiths or Colts are, but the climbing prices on those, even used, make the Armscor a great value at $250.

My friend has one of those and it is serviceable enough, I admit. But, for $250, which is near the price of a used S&W or Ruger .38, I dunno. I'd spend a little bit more and get an old Model 10. J&G sales is selling DAO Model 64s for $229, I believe. The S&W action feels glassy smooth compared to the Armscor's.
    A Makarov? Simple, easy and works perfectly every time. íVale!