Thread: help, Help, HELP - accessory needed.

help, Help, HELP - accessory needed.

Just put a scope & 9" X 13" BiPod on my M1A.
    I have looked at Graf & Son, (they do not have a case that will fit.) Midway USA. Not that will fit it that I like at all.. Bagmaster nothing that will fit the M1A. Plenty of AR stuff.
    I need a direction for a case. Prefer high quality soft assault type w/ gear pockets.
    Would also consider buying one from a forum member.

help, Help, HELP.
    Thanks in advance.
    LT
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Life Member
    Project One Million: Texas - Get Involved!

When I bought my M1A in the mid 90s, Springfield Armory sold the case you describe as an accessory. I've used it extensively with no issues, and it easily accomodates a scoped rifle. You might see if they still offer it.
    SADshooter

(formerly SA Scott)

What I am finding w/ all brand cases is that they will accomodate either but not both. Fit is fine w/ the scope only & barrel down to the bottom of the case. BiPod only raises the barrel up but enough room to zip over top.
    With BIPod on & scope it raises the scope jsut enough that the zipper wont clear. The taper to the barrel is jsut barely too great. I even have low profile mounts on it.

They do still offer it & I like the case. Just wont clear the scope w/ BiPod on. I may have to on & off it. If so I will stick w/ what I have.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Life Member
    Project One Million: Texas - Get Involved!

longTooth:

I have a 48" Bagmaster Heavy Weapons Case in stock that should work. Bagmaster discontinued the length, but I have one remaining in stock.

It has a shoulder strap, lock-down interior cinch straps, and two interior pockets.

Good luck.

www.straightShotShooting.com
    NRA Recruiter/Instructor/Endowment Member