Thread: Pro-gun dating website

Pro-gun dating website

In an article on e-Harmony now allowing gay matchmaking services I read this...

Don't like what eHarmony sells? Go somewhere else. There are thousands upon thousands of dating sites on the Internet that cater to gays, lesbians, Jews, Muslims, Trekkies, runners, you name it.
    ...and thought I wonder if there is a pro-gun matchmaking service. I could see the difficulties of such a service... mainly finding enough women who were both single and pro-gun. But think it would be a cool idea, if I was single.

*****The purpose of this thread is to discuss the possibility of a pro-gun matchmaking service, not to discuss e-Harmony or homosexuals*****
    -Learn2Shoot
    Join or renew your NRA membership for $25 at www.discovershooting.net

If we fail to elect pro-gun politicians to Congress and fire those who are anti-gun, it won't matter who the President is.
    If we succeed at electing pro-gun politicians to Congress and fire those who are anti-gun, it won't matter who the President is.
    http://www.gunvoter.com

Excellent thinking.
    There are multitudes of women who have entered the firearms community in recent years through CC,target, clay shooting and hunting.Many are single,separated or on the verge of divorce.
    A website of this type could work,IMO.
    Let's get started putting it together,learn2shoot!
    We need a name:How about Sizzling Sixgunner's?

Don't know squat about putting one together, but I'd join. Single female gunnies are about as scarce as pro-gun Obamamamas out here in CA.
    "People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society." Marko - http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.co...-plagiarizing/

What about a lonely Blackhawk .357 that wants to meet and have a long term relationship with a Marlin 1894 ?

(must be willing to share the same ammo)
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

What about a lonely Blackhawk .357 that wants to meet and have a long term relationship with a Marlin 1894 ?
    Sorry, my 1894 landed herself a GP100 about two years ago.
    He's older, but he has a decent job as a nightwatchman.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul!

Sorry, my 1894 landed herself a GP100 about two years ago.
    He's older, but he has a decent job as a nightwatchman.
    Will you be expecting the pitter-patter of little .22s anytime soon?
    The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

It would certainly be good for the women on the site. I suspect they would have several offers each.
    No matter where you are in the world, no matter your race or religion, there is only one antidote to an armed bad guy and that is an armed good guy.

Tim Tucker
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/ar...A15_hGuns11047

I know how to put one together, I have experience with servers and websites. I wouldn't mind putting one together as long as we had people willing to join.
    Gun Control Unconstitutional Chat room

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=259260

Your real problem is finding the single women to staff such a site. Women who are serious shooters are extremely rare. I think it would be a horrible idea.

Not trying to throw flame here, just letting you know the truth. Regular date sites tend to have far more men than women, this would be far worse.

The basic dating dichotomy heavily favors women, in this one, it would be the ultimate sausage party.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994[/size]

"I think the goal is one world government - we have not only the U.N. - we have the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, then we have all the subisidiaries like NAFTA and hemispheric government highways coming in. I just hope an pray that we can wake up enough people." ~Quote from interview with Ron Paul, United States Congressman, July 2006

Quote Originally Posted by macadore
    It would certainly be good for the women on the site. I suspect they would have several offers each.
    Several? If by several, you mean 100-300 each! There would probably be about 1 woman for every hundred men. Like moredechai said, major sausage fest.
    “As long as we allow an individual right to trump public safety, families are going to lose their loved ones…"
    - Kristin Comer, Executive Director, Washington CeaseFire

Administrator   
    I looked into this a while ago. The ratio would be very skewed. On the other hand, it might draw women into shooting sports. The Russians call women who shoot, drive race cars or do other typically male things "last chancers" -- they enter mostly male environments to get mates.

Most serious shooters I know are already married, so a ratio of 1:100 or 1:200 among singles would not be surprising.
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

How very disappointing. Referring to the Russian reference, I call women who involve themselves with interesting hobbies "first choicers."
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Boys - y'all start the service and I'll sign up!

(current wife voted for NObama!)

"I call women who involve themselves with interesting hobbies "first choicers"."

Amen Brother!!!

Smile

Interesting idea and concept. Go for it! ; . )

I am not single now, not looking and not interested at this point in my life since I am a remarried widow lady.

If I was single and still a middle aged widow (That is OLD to most of you here. Ha!) who does shoot and love guns along with many 'male oriented hobbies' plus reading and some GIRL stuff... I would be interested in such a thing. I happen to THINK that is is hard to meet some real freedom loving people and that includes gunnies = males and females. Males for ladies. Females for gentlemen. Just plain friendship... if that is all that you want.

I think that such a website would be safer and easier to meet GUN people although I have never been involved in these web dating things - don't know how they work either. I have some political, freedom loving long time friends that want me to join up on a site (NOT a dating one!) and I have yet to do it. Slow here - not into all of that and never was.

It would be SAFER for younger, middle aged and older people especially for females who don't do bars and night clubs or whatever is the 'IN THING' in this day and age. Many of us NEVER were into all of that at ANY AGE worse off we would not feel safe unless it was a music club or restaurant with a bunch of girl friends, on a date or with a group of people that we knew very WELL to go to a club to hear music even if you don't drink. (I am not knocking people who have an occasional drink. Personal not a religious thing for me not to.) I have been to music clubs back east with a group of friends - some had a drink and some of us had a Coke or coffee. It was fun to hear the music and dance but a once a year thing was enough for me. I would rather dance at home alone, at a friend's house, at the former Volunteer Fire Station's party or have my own party in my own home with MY own music! I love to dance and I like almost all kinds of music except for some of this new stuff. UGH.

Unless a lady meets a gentleman through friends, through family, at a party with close friends from Church or school or even through work who knows? You could meet people at your library, shopping, at your swimming pool, at your gun range, at a gun show, boating, camping, at a museum, art show, concert, political meeting, etc. I think that it is very HARD to meet fellow GUNNIES unless you happen to go to the same range or know each other through other close GUN friends. I did meet people at my gun ranges, back east, and at gun shows with my RKBA politics. I was invited to join many gun ranges too. People that I met invited me to go, visit and to shoot too. I did do this as a GUNNIE and a Newbie. As a non Newbie too. I went with friends and once I went alone but other gunnies were present at one lake place. I was married and not single/dating. (I was asked if I was married and I said, "Yes and happily." It was the truth.) I was asked as a widow lady if I wanted to date from a couple of fellow single gunnies... not my close political/gun male friends. I said, "No thanks but I will shoot with you here or there!" It was not for me and not my time. Too much to do as a widow with the house/land and old dogs. I was busy.

I don't think that ladies would go to a LAST resort to meet through male dominated interests/hobbies. Geesh! NO offense but I think that is wrong. There are a FEW of us, lady shooters, out here that have MORE interests in STUFF that MALES like than what their girl friends like. I am not into 85% of the popular sports and am bored, don't understand or even like football. NO offense - just an example here. Some of these ladies who like 'male subject matters' like guns and shooting have girl friends that are mainly interested in shopping, clothes, eating out, a gym where their hair and makeup might not get messed up, vacation/travel or into kid stuff if they have children. Some had children, some never had children like me = no kids and some of them have grown children. I am not knocking people who have children - just discussing how busy or overly busy some females are. BOTH parents should be involved with their children but some women pay more attention to their OWN interests and children while they IGNORE their husband. NO offense. I really hate to use the words male subject matters, male interests, male hobbies, etc. but that is the ONLY way that I can make my point as a fellow FEMALE shooter who happens to like GUNS in a mostly male oriented field along with other male hobbies/male interests. NO offense and apologies to both sexes here. I don't like division but since you were talking about men looking for women who love guns (Vice versa!) and hopefully pro gun politics and ALL freedom issues... bear with me. Thank you!

I have some single political and gun buddies that I have known for ages and some for almost all of my life... they tell me that they can't meet the right freedom loving lady no matter what state they live in. Some have always been single, some were divorced or widowed and some of them gave up! We tease each other about it. Some don't want a long term relationship because they got burned/hurt. Some want a long term deal or marriage. Some just want a close girl friend and not only to be with the guys all of the time or alone. Of course, many women say the same thing... not me but others do.

Me = I said that I would never get married and then I fell in love. Ha! USN bride during Vietnam era. It lasted over 30 years - my first love until he died of cancer. I said that I would most likely NEVER get married again... only wanted a close friend and friends. I am more of a loner anyway. I like my close friends and some people. I love dogs although I don't have one now. I like most DOGS (German Shepherds and GS mixed dogs.) more than most people. Grin. I love nature. I love books, guns, shooting, discussions with intelligent people, swimming, etc. I am not the TYPE that needs to have people around me often, I most certainly am NOT afraid of being alone and I like my own company! Grin. Some people HATE to be alone or have quiet/solitude/nature time. Not me - I like it! I was not interested in 'dating' - I did not do that as a widow. Not my thing - just friends. Shooting, outdoor stuff, library, fishing, went hunting with him and friends - tagged along, hiking, visited some interesting places out in the boonies, went to some museums, listened to music or rented a movie, went swimming, talked politics, GUNS, gun rights, religion, etc. Vented about the Republic too! More GUN talk. Ha!

There are a few female gunnies out there. All ages. Some of us went into GUNS more because of self defense issues. Some of us were into the RKBA issue big time, only shot a few times with HIS gun until we wanted to KNOW more about self defense and the shooting sports. I was the ONE who wanted to learn/know more especially when it came to self defense issues. So my late husband thought that was GREAT for me and he encouraged me. I was almost 48 years old at the time and he was 53 years old. I did know the GUN that I had for self defense @ home - mainly his gun or one of his few guns. So the rest is history and I started to study and buy my own guns. Shoot with him and later on by myself and/or with friends. Safety, practice, etc. You know the drill.

Heck, I heard the same thing for over 25 years of boating with my late husband under sail and power... where are the women? Guys said that and mentioned that to him and me. Same with camping or fishing. I liked boat shows and boat stores too. As much as libraries and BOOK stores! Grin.

I think that you should start a website about this very issue. Go for it. No guts - no glory! Use the Kiss method - keep it simple stupid. Old military saying.

Catherine
    Armed and Female
    Montana Territory
    Closed Account

I like almost all kinds of music except for some of this new stuff. UGH.
    From The Last Boy Scout

Milo: just once, I would like to hear you scream in pain...
    Joe Hallenbeck: Play some rap music.
    No matter where you are in the world, no matter your race or religion, there is only one antidote to an armed bad guy and that is an armed good guy.

Tim Tucker
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/ar...A15_hGuns11047

I can only imagine the amount of gun-related euphamisms.

I can only imagine the amount of gun-related euphamisms.
    Not to mention the dreaded double entendre's.

When I was using a match making service a decade ago I believe that I put in the ad that I was a "Straight shooter literaly and figuratively". Best to get it out up front.

My partner is a shooter and she knows that if she forces me to make a choice of firearms or her that I'll be looking for another partner

NukemJim
    " Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at. "

I'm not going to find any hot women looking for love cruising THR?!?!?!?

Ha, a site that mates rifles to handguns, now that would get some hits
    “When you understand the nature of a thing, you know what it is capable of.”
    -Miyamoto Musashi

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

I'm not going to find any hot women looking for love cruising THR?!?!?!?
    I've tried. The women are few and far between and they all deny having daughters within the acceptable age range.

While this website would be useful for men, it may not be very useful to women. Alas, we supporters of the constitution must do it the hard way. C'est la vie, comarade.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.