Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What else can we ban?

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas

What else can we ban?

Howdy, folks.
    I'm watching a police chase TV show and it got me thinking. What else can we ban? The rule for this thread is using the same logic as the gun grabbers use: Using illogical ideas to make logical thoughts. You're trying to convince us to ban said idea (it's going to get silly, but let's not make it too silly because I hate it when my threads get locked).

Manual Transmission Automobiles: These vehicles must be banned. If a police officer pulls someone over and goes back to you car, he can't see (by your reverse lights & brake lights) if they're going to run from him. It's for the children.

Privacy in Bathrooms: We need to ban privacy in bathrooms and put cameras in there. What if you don't wash your hands? You could spread disease. It's for the children.

The Internet: People can do quite a bit on the internet. I won't go into detail but it's for the children.

Arm Slings (like for those with broken shoulder bones): *warning, intentionally extra silly* A sling is a shoulder thing that goes up. It's for the children.

I gave you four and I want more.
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Heavy metals must be banned from the periodic table because they are harmful to the environment and retard the mental and physical well being of our young'uns. It's for the children.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Privacy in Bathrooms: We need to ban privacy in bathrooms and put cameras in there. What if you don't wash your hands? You could spread disease. It's for the children.
    How about privacy everywhere, the government needs to know what everyone is doing at all times in order to protect them from hurting themselves.
    Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies!
    - Bette Davis -

You're right Pappy, it's for the children
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

I think we should ban sweets for the children .....
    then organize them into groups ......
    teach them about politics (they are the future)
    then get them outside for group exersize
    (I can see them warming up in rows swinging their arms)

.................. wait a minute - someone did that already

Among the other bans being proposed, I'd like to see a ban on excessive perfume and/or cologne in crowded spaces, with additional penalties for improper hygiene (BO).

How about banning the jawbone of an ass, anything readily convertible to the jawbone of an ass, and all ass jawbone type weapons?
    No matter where you are in the world, no matter your race or religion, there is only one antidote to an armed bad guy and that is an armed good guy.

Tim Tucker
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/ar...A15_hGuns11047

Now you're talking out of your ass.

Would that be considered an ass-ault weapon?
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ПOНК РОК ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

what about banning m***ns...? wait, who are we gonna fight for our rights then ?
    Swiss gun collector and shooter.. and proud of it !
    Geneva is not about conventions. It's where I live ;)

Pop tops. Jimmy Buffet once blew out a flip flop. Cut his heel on a pop top. Had to cruise on back home.

Hey lets ban good sense

ooops... too late
    The 2nd preserves the rest.
    Life Member NRA, Member TSRA

We need to ban meat: it's the result of cruelty to animals, and the workers and peasants certainly don't need it.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

Dihydrogen Monoxide.
    http://www.dhmo.org/
    What is the link between Dihydrogen Monoxide and school violence?

A recent stunning revelation is that in every single instance of violence in our country's schools, including infamous shootings in high schools in Denver and Arkansas, Dihydrogen Monoxide was involved. In fact, DHMO is often very available to students of all ages within the assumed safe confines of school buildings. None of the school administrators with which we spoke could say for certain how much of the substance is in use within their very hallways.
    Seriously, we should outlaw humans.
    Humans are the number one cause of environmental damage.
    Humans are the number one cause of homicide.
    Humans are the number one cause of rape.

How beautiful would this world be, without humans?

oh man I can't stop laughing now.
    יזכר לא עד פעם (Remember. Never Again.)

Let's ban this thread.

Seriously, we should outlaw humans.
    Humans are the number one cause of environmental damage.
    Humans are the number one cause of homicide.
    Humans are the number one cause of rape.

How beautiful would this world be, without humans?
    I'll wager you were a huge fan of Zardoz...

Quick! Avert your eyes!

I've warned ye....

Cthulu 08'. Don't settle for any lesser evil.

Old people. What good are they anymore? They don't work or really contribute to the greater good. In fact, they're a drain on society. I'm thinking we could find a better way to utilize them. Something in a green, wafer-like substance perhaps. To feed The Children.
    GO HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen
    Dihydrogen Monoxide.
    Nice.

I say we ban all sports. Countless children are injured every year playing sports. I've seen out of shape adults get injured playing softball. And some of the softball bats,which are designed to launch a 12" projectile at over 120 mph, are made of composite materials that can pass through a metal detector!
    I think Sam Colt did more to make men equal than any politician ever did. - Ranger335v
    A|M|M|O| - my Anti-Drug.
    1911auto.org

Bad thoughts, we should ban bad thoughts.

We need to ban cell phones
    I ain't as good as I once was , But I'm as good once as I ever was

I've never understood why we need both the Marines and the Cub Scouts

Just Sayin'

Treo...with your post, we should ban you!!!
    Just kidding. As a Marine and former Cub and Boy Scout, I resemble that comment.

Ugh! The pink diaper!

That's something we should definitely ban: Pink diapers.
    יזכר לא עד פעם (Remember. Never Again.)

We need to ban assault vehicles... they're not made for hunting or sporting purposes.

So I was at the mall the other day... I can't believe these crazy people drive their two-ton death machines around AT THE MALL! I mean, theres little kids all over the place, what if somebody went crazy and couldn't resist flooring the accelerator and killing a bunch of people with their assault vehicle? These things turn people into psychos! The mall, schools, movies, theres all these target-rich parking lots where people can just go crazy! Those Hummers are the same kind the MILITARY uses! Why do civilians need them?

I say we ban these high-capacity flammable liquid tanks as well... I mean no one needs anything like that. Just means more people they can kill with their death machines without reloading the fuel tank. And fully-automatic cruise control too!!! We need to stop them!!!
    Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars.

Treo...with your post, we should ban you!!!
    As a U.S. Army vet (as well as former Cub Scout) Please acept my friendly jibe in the spirit it was given
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Maybe we should ban stupid threads?

Oh wait. Then that would mean that THIS thread would be banned! If we do that, does that mean that this response doesn't really exist? Do ANY of us really exist?

My head hurts......

...Oh yeah. I vote we ban stupid threads. ESPECIALLY after Bigjake's picture!

What country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. -- Thomas Jefferson