Thread: Best state to get a CCW permit in?

Question Best state to get a CCW permit in?

When considering costs, renewal fees, expiration dates, acceptance in other states, which is the best state to get a CCW/CCH permit in?
    Do you even need one from your resident state if there is a better deal from a neighboring state?
    thanks in advance,
    , Bill Weddle

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Utah, a lot of other states honor it.
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them..........George Mason

To Obama, all I can say is... ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Depends on Where You Live

Do you even need one from your resident state if there is a better deal from a neighboring state?
    This will vary with the laws of your state. In Arizona, for example, all other states' permits are recognized, subject to a limited number of conditions; one such condition is that the holder of the out-of-state permit may not be a resident of Arizona. Other states, such as Missouri, as I recall, may allow residents to carry on out-of-state permits.

PA is a good state concerning the ease of getting one. i got mine within 10 minutes of handing in my application. we don't have as much reciprocity with other states as UT or FL, though. i'm waiting for my non-res NH to arrive.
    there was no such thing as a "dangerous weapon," there were only dangerous men.

Utah, a lot of other states honor it.
    Second this.Gives you more than 30 states and the cost is reasonable.

Here's a list of Utah Instructors,nationwide:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tstate_013.pdf

More information:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Utah is about as good as it gets. As I recall, you don't have to apply in person...
    "Guns are swell" - me

Utah is about as good as it gets. As I recall, you don't have to apply in person...
    Yes, when I took my Nevada CCW class, the instructor did Utah as well. All I did was mail in my app with a pic and finger print card.
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them..........George Mason

To Obama, all I can say is... ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Florida or Utah are both good states for non-resident permits. As a resident of a particular state most require you obtain their permit. Several states also will not accept a non-resident permit.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

I should have mentioned that New Hampshire is an excellent buy.
    For $20.00 you get 5 years and quite a few states.(about 20)
    Also NH requires no picture or fingerprints and have a great turnaround record.My last renewal took only 10 days mailbox to mailbox.
    They are worth supporting.NH gains me nothing from my FL CCW except the GFSZ factor when visiting NH.I do it to help a state which is great for the U.S. public, gun wise.

It looks like TN recognizes 15 other states and only costs like $50
    Let's Go AUBURN
    INDESTRUCTIBLE 2008

Alaska also looks to be a really good choice.
    Let's Go AUBURN
    INDESTRUCTIBLE 2008

Truth be told, it's here in Nazi Jerky. No way any one is going to get one so it never dawns on the cops that you might be carrying. This is all supposition of course, as no one would disobey such a marvelous law that protects us all from any possibility of criminal violence.