Thread: Plan B

Administrator   

Plan B

Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

Nice ....

I'm an NRA pistol instructor and I always tell people, "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

After all - in Warren v. District of Columbia - 1981 - Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived.

When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: ``For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers.'' The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a ``fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981).

Now that one is really superb!

Outstanding!

It would be hard to outdo yourself, Oleg Volk, but I think you did it that time.

And the "tactical" (I hate the term "tactical") use of the flashlight bespeaks training and competence.

I love it. Excellent. You can't argue with it.

But, according to the ADT ads on tv, the criminal just runs away scared.....are you trying to confuse me?

Seriously, at least my two Princesses get it. They laugh when the ad comes on. They both have G19s in their rooms.

22lr
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such...
    I ain't never been lost in my whole life...been a might confused for a month or so...
    Pigrim, are you sure you know how to skin grizzer bear...
    We walk quitely among the natives...
    When the man with the rifle gets shot, pick it up and use your ammo...
    I never said I didn't know how to use one...I just never had a use for one...

What happened to the rapists, attackers, home invaders aka criminals who attacked and held the women captive?

Did they hang those rapist bas___ by their ___ and let them die?!

I remember some crime stories and I will do a search for this one again.

If you have anymore information about this CRIME and the outcome... please post it here.

What about the outcome for the female rape VICTIMS?

Was it a race crime (White on black or black on white.) - one against another like what went on in the late 60's or was it a thrill of it type crime or was it a robbery on top of it all? Ages of the criminals and victims?

Thank you.

Quote and snippet:

The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a ``fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981).

The above is what I remember from the RULING!

Catherine
    Armed and Female
    Closed Account

Oleg,

Good poster and thank you.

The response time in my former farm/lake state, living in a rural area, while my late husband was overseas was 45 minutes as in FORTY FIVE MINUTES! That was @ approximately 1:15 AM - I made the call very close to 1:15 AM - not exactly rush hour on country roads. Been there - done that. I had the German Shepherd dog and the 357Magnum revolver which I loaded every night when I came home from work. CCW was against the 'law' so was a loaded GUN in your vehicle. The loaded GUN sat on the table ready to go in the den because I slept in the den - downstairs when he was gone and I was alone with only the dog.

Thanks again for the good poster!

Catherine
    Closed Account

Administrator   
    That is great, Oleg.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

If a police department or sheriff's department or highway patrol or JUSTICE OF THE PEACE TYPE AGENCY is 'not responsible' (Court decision.) for protecting the citizens with their TAX dollars or can be held responsible for NOT showing up and NOT being able to protect a citizen 24/7 (Which would be impossible anyway.) - NO LE agency or court or law should be able to TELL anyone that they can't carry a GUN open or concealed or in their home or vehicle so they would be able to PROTECT themselves!

I know... another thread. I wrote about this many years ago.

Catherine
    Closed Account

The only thing I would change is I'd make dialing 911 plan B
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Oleg, great job.

thanks
    Do not demand accomplishment from those with NO talent

Excellent!

The point is clearly made, and it is relevant to and comprehensible by everyone.

Well, maybe not those with their own dedicated security forces.

regards,

GR

actually calling the cops is my plan b. making sure my family and i are safe is plan A.
    The Big Bang came from the muzzle blast of God's Colt BP revolver. He wanted to test out the gun that made all men equal before he created man in the first place.

The person in the photo would not be able to hold both the flashlight, and that assault type revolver, while using that cell phone. It is obvious that he needs a hands free device. These are not easy to obtain, so he should just wait for help. The Glock he is holding could be taken and used on him, and than others.

I think Oleg made the gun Plan B to illustrate to non-gun types the need for a way to protect the self. To that end, he did good hear.

Though I love Glocks, I would have used a 1911, just for the humor factor for us gun types.
    Lets give Tennessee the best gun laws in the country!
    http://www.tfaonline.org/index.php
    http://www.tfaonline.org/forum
    NRA - Benefactor, TFA - Life, GOA - Life

Though I love Glocks, I would have used a 1911, just for the humor factor for us gun types.
    I'm slow, why would that be funny?

Administrator   
    1911 vs dialing 911?
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

Oh.......................... thanks

(*thought something about a 1911 made it unsuitable for home defense*)

I R dum

Outstanding....... Great Job, Oleg......
    1 policeman for every 300 people in the U.S....
    H&K and Glock will take care of me and my 3.....

My favorite so far. Good work.
    "Futurus paratus est prosperitus."

Do the police respond faster AFTER you shoot a intruder? Huummm. Who's side are they on anyway? Or, do they know that they will be safe, because a "Victim" took care of the problem? Just wondering....

Great work, Oleg

Two suggestions: 1) I'd change it to 'Have a plan B', and (2) I'd _love_ to see the photo re-staged, to have a woman defending a kids room, perhaps with kiddy show posters in the background to make it obviously a child's room, or perhaps an elderly person either wheelchair bound or with a cane or walker...

Keep up the good work, and where can I get an '09 Oleg calendar?

Chris

Administrator   
    Try Ohio CCW calendar -- it uses my photos.

http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/4095/53/

I used a man (one of THR moderators) for variety.
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

excellent job Oleg...
    for me plan A get the gun...

plan B.. operator: 911..fire, medical or police?
    me: can you send an ambulance I just shot an intruder...
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
    The Dalai Lama

"As I approach the gates of heaven;
    to St. Peter I will tell;
    One more soldier reporting sir;
    I've served my time in hell".
    -Mark Anthony Gresswell

Oleg:

I love your posters. Question - do you send these to members of congress when they start their nonsense?

I'd also like to see these in the mainstream media - you're preaching to the choir in these forums/blogs.
    Unless it's life or death related, IT'S ALL BULL****! Obiwan1