Thread: Carol of the bells

Carol of the bells

Ok old timers, do you remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW34kHnpo1g
    "Qui bibit, dormit; qui dormit, non peccat; qui non peccat, sanctus est; ergo qui bibit sanctus est."

I wonder if you could find some steel targets that have different tones when shot, and get a bunch of guys with .22LRs to play Carol of the Bells on them. That'd be cool!
    It's 2 AM....do you know where your rights are?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -- Douglas Adams

megaboraphobia n. The fear of large calibers

That would be great but rifles with silencers to quiet down the report and hear the notes
    "Qui bibit, dormit; qui dormit, non peccat; qui non peccat, sanctus est; ergo qui bibit sanctus est."

That would be great but rifles with silencers to quiet down the report and hear the notes
    I've shot subsonic .22LR from a 20" inch barrel and it barely makes a sound. Fired from a reasonable distance onto bells of sufficient volume and I doubt it would be heard. Only problem I foresee is that the report from the weapon preceding the sound of the bell (assuming you are shooting AWAY from spectators) may prove distracting. Shooting from the side would allow the weapon report to be drowned by the bells, safety issue aside.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

"The Whole Clamation Video"

The whole video if your interested.
    Last edited by ArfinGreebly; November 23rd, 2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: fix link
    At Thermopylae, 1,000,000 Persians lost 20,000 yet failed to disarm 300 Spartans. 80,000,000 lawfully armed Americans will resist even harder.

That we promise. Molōn labe!

I would LOVE to see Carol of the Bells played using firearms in some way.

That's my favorite Christmas song, and that was my favorite Christmas Movie growing up. Right up there with the original cartoon Grinch.