Thread: Another gunshop ammo rumor

Question Another gunshop ammo rumor

A buddy of mine just sent me a note.

He was at the gunshop/range today, and got the word from the employees there that Speer, Federal, and Winchester would no longer be selling 50 round boxes to "civilians" - only to LEO.

Anyone heard any supporting or dissenting words on this? Personally, I think it sounds bogus. Why would they limit the box size. I figure it would either be all or nothing.
    ~If government is the answer, it must have been a really stupid question.

~Please don't disturb the moonbats;their screaching alarms the blissninnies,who are busy feeling safe and trying not to cogitate.

so would they still sell the value pack of .22LR and the 150rd boxes of pistol rounds?
    USAF Veteran (Security Forces)
    Proud Texan transplant
    S&W1911 .45ACP carrier
    "Paramedics postpone the inevitible"

In response I'll bring forth two tidbits of wisdom, "do not attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity" and, "if you must ask why the answer is usually 'money'".

What was the reason provided for this policy? Was a reason even offered?

I'm also reminded of a drug manufacturer getting a bad rep because people believed doctors were prescribing too much of a drug. The result the larger pills were taken out of production. The unintended consequence? Doctors prescribed two small pills instead of one large one.

The ammunition makers are no longer selling 50 round boxes to the general public? Then buy a case of 20 round boxes.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

horse hockey...

so would they still sell the value pack of .22LR and the 150rd boxes of pistol rounds?
    What was the reason provided for this policy? Was a reason even offered?
    Wish I had more info to contribute, but the e-mail from my friend was pretty short. I think it's because he was upset and just needed to vent, so he sent me the note. Here it is with the store name edited out and some consideration give to Art's Grammaw:

I was at {range name} today the guys at the range said Speer, Winchester, Federal will no longer sell 50rnd boxes to civilians only law enforcement. That {vacuums}!!!
    I'll have a chance to discuss this with him F2F at work on Tuesday, I was just wondering if maybe someone else had any info.

~Please don't disturb the moonbats;their screaching alarms the blissninnies,who are busy feeling safe and trying not to cogitate.

I have yet to hear a gunshop rumor that proved true.

I anticipate I'll still be buying 50 and 100rd boxes of Winchester pistol ammo at Walmart.

I asked about this today, at my local gunshop, and they heard no such thing.. it's probbly just a rummor to get people to buy lots of ammo... ;X

Yeah, I must call BS on this one.

I have yet to hear a gunshop rumor that proved true.

I anticipate I'll still be buying 50 and 100rd boxes of Winchester pistol ammo at Walmart.
    I asked about this today, at my local gunshop, and they heard no such thing.. it's probbly just a rummor to get people to buy lots of ammo... ;X
    Yeah, I must call BS on this one.
    And this is why I posted here! I'm starting to feel soo much better now.

Thanks, guys.

pure Russian-Bolshevik! (sound it out...)
    Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.
    -Pericles

I declare Shenanigans on the rumormonger! Everybody get out your brooms!
    "What's good for me might not be good for the weak-minded."- Augustus McRae

Did ya here, Remington went out of business.

Did you here that civilians won't be able to buy 9mm because cops use it.....

It's easier to man the life boat. Then you can float above the BS instead of stepping in it.

Administrator   
    The only thing I know is the only local gunshop is completely sold out of anything 7.62x39mm or .223. Good thing I reload.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

BS. Will it never stop?

They may be referring to ammo such as Federal LE HST that sells cheap in 50 round boxes at ammunitiontogo.com. Also Winchester Ranger.
    Vietnam Veteran

You mean EVERYTHING you hear in a gunshop isn't true?

I have not heard anything about this.
    If it is true, it is not a gun control measure but a marketing measure. I am surprised that Winchester continues to sell personal protection ammo in 50 rd boxes. It makes their product look much more expensive.
    For comparison, I sell Lapua 9mm CEPP XTRA for like $42 a box of 50. Everyone comments on how expensive it is. But the Hornady TAP that people buy in 20 rd boxes I typically sell for about $21 and no one comments how expensive it is. Go figure.
    But maybe it is all nonsense.

They are talking about the LE Only ammo like the Winchester Ranger, Federal Tactical and the 50 round boxes of Gold Dot.

The above companies are cracking down because too much is leaking into the regular commercial market.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”George Washington

Ya know, I often wonder if the makers and sellers of guns might be feeding these rumors because it's so good for sales.
    Too many people {trade} rights {for} morality. I am certain that everyone here wants to live in a moral society. But, if you are going to live in a free society, you have to be willing to let people corrupt themselves. -- paraphrased from Sheik Yerbouti

They are talking about the LE Only ammo like the Winchester Ranger, Federal Tactical and the 50 round boxes of Gold Dot.

The above companies are cracking down because too much is leaking into the regular commercial market.
    None of those rounds are illegal to own by citizens. "LE only" printed boxes are an advertising gimmick. Ranger ammo is repackaged Black Talon. Federal Tactical are Hydro-shox. Gold Dots are very popular home and personal defense ammo.
    ......................................there is no Plan B

The above ammo are restricted sales to LE by the mfg.

Ranger and Fed Tac are whole product lines consisting of several different bullets in each handgun, rifle and shotgun loads.

Gold Dots are just GD. The LE packaging gives you 50 rounds close to the normal commercial price of 20 rounds.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”George Washington

Reminds me of the story about the small town grocer who had too much mustard on the shelves and couldn't sell it so he went to the town diner and mentioned the upcoming mustard shortage. He was out of mustard by day's end.
    Taking the high road does not always, if ever, mean taking the middle road.