Thread: Remington question.

Remington question.

Does anybody know a good product to use to refinish the floorplate and triggerguard on my remington 700 stainless. I don't know what it comes finished with from the factory but it's not very durable and needs to be redone.
    Do you smell that? I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like, like victory.

Gun Kote can be pretty durable.

The Remington floorplate and triggerguard are pot metal that limits your choices of finish. As Chawbaccer suggests, Gun Kote or similar paint products are pretty much it.
    "Amateurs focus on hardware - professionals focus on software". (But... Old Age and Treachery beats Youth and Skill Every time!)

OK... maybe Algore did not invent the internet - he DID invent Global Warming!

Thanks. I have been considering buying a stainless floor plate for my rifle.
    Do you smell that? I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like, like victory.

Hey if your close to us, drop it off and i can do it as early as tomorrow.
    I think we charge $25.00 for these, it takes about 2 hours from start to finish and i am coating all this week.
    Pick your color, i have it here.
    paul salchow,simmons gun repair.
    Now i have my CNC milling center and i am happy.

Unfortunatly I'm on the other side of Missouri from you or I'd take you up on it. If I don't find anyone around here can I ship to you?

Your welcome to ship it to me, put attn. Paul Salchow.
    I will get it finished ASAP, it looks like i will be coating for quite a while.
    Make sure there is a return address and phone number in side with the parts, and color choice.
    paul salchow,simmons gun repair.
    Now i have my CNC milling center and i am happy.