Thread: Good Ranges in DFW

Good Ranges in DFW

Hey guys, I'm visiting my family in Fort Worth for Thanksgiving and plan to go shoot with some friends while I'm here. I know there are alot of THR members from the DFW area so I thought I'd ask where yall go to shoot.

I've been down to Alpine several times before which is not bad but I would like some place that lets you

a) shoot pistols rapid fire
    b) shoot rifles at < 50 yards (AR), also rapid fire
    c) do some position shooting with rifle
    d) lets you shoot centerfire, FMJ rifle and pistol ammunition that you DON'T have to buy from them

I've got a .22lr handgun, a 1911, an AR, and a 'gague that I'd like to bust some clay pigeons with.

I know this may be a tall order to fill for a public range but does anyone have any suggestions? The range doesn't have to fill all the above criteria but the more, the better. Also, I'll probably be going around the end of the week, maybe Friday or Saturday.

Thanks for the help guys. (I did try a search, FWIW, but didn't have much luck.)
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

Only one I've been to which allows most of this would be Elm Fork - near Las Colinas, just east of DFW Int'l Airport - but they only let you shoot FMJ rifle ammo in the tactical bay (25 yard range); no FMJ on the 100 yard range at all. All shooting to be done standing or sitting at the bench - no lying down or kneeling that I've ever seen.

They also have a pretty sweet clay-pigeon setup - multiple trap/skeet ranges, sporting clays, etc.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

That sounds alright - as far as the tactical bay goes, do you have to reserve it or is it open to the public? That might just be where I end up going. Thanks AndyC.
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

No reservation needed, but you might want to call beforehand and make sure it's not being used for CHL classes and the like on that day.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Right on, thanks again AndyC.