Thread: Which image is better looking ?

Which image is better looking ?

Hi,

I just produce some samples MOP grips today and capture by my self . But it seem this grips is difficult to capture image...

I need some comment about what image is better than...

Which way do you like ? Lighter or Darker ?

Thanks you for your comment.
    KIMSON Handicraft
    Colt 1911A1, Ruger Revolver, Vaquero Grips from natural horn, bone, mother of pearl.
    www.kimson.vn
    www.handicraft-vn.com

Darker is easier to see what they truly look like.

Ed

kimsonvu:

I also prefer the darker ones, though in truth I can't tell the difference (is there any?) between the first and third photos ...

Good luck selling them!

timothy

I prefer the top picture
    "No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Hi,

I just capture new image with my Fuji F1000SD today :

http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/19...Path=0_101_102

I hope the image could say the REAL MOP how nice.
    KIMSON Handicraft
    Colt 1911A1, Ruger Revolver, Vaquero Grips from natural horn, bone, mother of pearl.
    www.kimson.vn
    www.handicraft-vn.com

Top photo, definitely. But it's still too light to suit me. That's a hard subject to photograph there!

If you can adjust your camera's exposure manually, try taking a series of shots in 1/2 or 1/3 stop increments, starting with what the meter says, then going slightly underexposed with each following shot. Don't use a white background, or a black one. Cameras are calibrated to give an 18% gray exposure, so it will adjust itself so that the entire scene is an average of 18% relectance. Use soft lighting too.

Timothy, they're different. Look at the vertical streaks of glare in #3. Different lighting.

Did you check image in this link :

http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/19...?cPath=101_123

They are new image which i just capture by new camera and use manual option.

Do you see the different ?
    KIMSON Handicraft
    www.kimson.vn
    www.handicraft-vn.com

The catch here is that since we've never seen the grips in person, we have no way to know which image is most accurate. Rather than outlining the grip and removing the background, placing it in a context with some familiar objects would allow the viewer to tell, for example, if the grip is actually very light in color or if it's the whole photo that's light.

Pat Cannon's right. Showing those grips *on* the gun would make it a lot easier for the viewer to picture them on his own gun. (It would also probably trigger more people's imagination, if the photos are especially attractive.) There are a lot of picture-heavy threads on THR -- if you see pictures you like, perhaps you or someone you know could attempt to replicate the shots you like best, but using a gun outfitted with your grips.

EDITED TO ADD:

Ah! I see now on Xavier's blog the reason that you can't personally take pictures of them on guns -- a shame. If you sent me a set, I could take some nice photos But not as nice as some of the other gun-photos I see on this site. The ones on Xavier's blog posting give a much better idea of the look than do the ones above, though. Perhaps you could ask him for permission to reuse them for your own purposes?

timothy